EHO Color Remediation

What level of ethanol was the extract? Like just washed stuff or diluted crude?

Do you have any troubles with waxes/ have to winterize when doing room temp extracts?

Room temp extraction will need to be winterized no mater wich. Solvent to extract is used

2 Likes

Yes, the is definitely a massive increase in fats at room temp, that is the main reason I’m not 100% behind it. I’m finally doing the full test very shortly, so I can get back to you with more info. But the latest rewash I did at room temp has the thickest layer of fat I’ve ever seen. It took forever to get through, but I had done 75lbs in 5, turned into 4 summin gals.

2 Likes

I’ll be waiting for it and doing a few experiments of my own✌🏼

1 Like

Best filtering solution for me? - processing 1liter of raw THC crude/1:10

When first getting in to this, all i really knew of was buchners, I see so many diffrent filtering setups from you guys both bought and DIY, my head is spinning circles understanding the diffrent setups and what i would need for my use of possible 1L crude pr run/pr week of dark Kief crude.

I would prefer not to deal with nitrogen assist so forth.

Possible a negative pressure setup would be the easiest for me to go? i can then use my Rotary pump, instead of looking on a new pump also - tho i need a pump anyway down the line i guess

Something like your setup/formula @Renchi The Pepsi challenge/etho color remediation thread

I had in no way thought the filter aspect would be so expensive, but thats because i only knew of buchners really and saw that as my solution, have not looked at it for a while and now started to look into all these other solutions and gasp, another huge subject to attack.

When not processing more/pr week, and looking at expenses at this point in time, where funds is tight as ever. Would standard buchners be my best solutions?

This looks neet also, McMaster-Carr, with the filter bags utilized here how does stacking filter agents work, is my volume to small to even think of this one, when not processing many gallons of Etoh after extraction.

Can you provide me with pricing and specs for these filters? I sent an email to company, but not sure what kind of response time they have. I have 12" double stack lenticular housings. I would definitely be interested in testing some of these out. How many gallons of saturated solution do they process? How much activated carbon is in each filter?

Get a panda spinner make a 4" insert holed tube to fit snug and filter treu that works like a charm
With 4" filter bags
Cheapest fastest filtration unit available
Up to 1 micron

5 Likes

quick drawing? , i have the worst history ever mate doing DIY after my life took a turn.

How would filtering through Filter agents work in a panda?, wouldnt that only be for seperating the Etoh and kieF?

I’m curious of the ratios of oleoresin to filter media that everyone is using with their CRC methods before they’re seeing saturation levels of said media. Currently using a cake from top to bottom of:

1kg AA
250g AC
1kg Magnesol
1kgT5
250g silica 60
250g celite

Have found that it’ll work pretty well for every 3kg of crude in a 2:1 heptane solution, but I just know that I could be using less and/or more of certain medias to either have better effects or save of media and time. I’m using a 12 inch pressurized filter with sintered disc.

3 Likes

Thats great, but this thread is only for ethanol color remediation. It is well known that hydrocarbons like heptane work better with many of these adsorbents, but there are other threads for that. We are trying to stick to ethanol specifically because certain states dont allow for the use of hydrocarbons, regardless of what residual solvent tests say.

Not trying to be a bummer, but I think we may have hit the end of the ethanol color remediation tunnel, ethanol’s chemical properties don’t allow the powders to work nearly as well as in other solvents. We can still make some amazing extracts and distillate with this, but I doubt you will ever see anyone take some poop oil and turn it into gold (not amber) using only ethanol.

Starting material was extracted with ethanol, but I see your point about the inability to use heptane for some. I have seen others on this thread however speaking in relation to using it with an ethanol extracted starting material, thus my inquiry.

1 Like

Gotcha, it’s been a while since i’ve read through this thread. I would assume that using heptane in the same manner as ethanol for filtering would just work better. Don’t have much experience with heptane except from college, alas

Don t be so negative :grin:
Ethanol is indeed harder to remediate color
But we the members on this forum have just started
There are still a ton of adsorbents that need to be tested in compound (atApulgite clay) and brand
Not every brand has the same working even thou it s all called the same ( bentonite )
Even to me it s all new and the options are alot ( where to start ) but i still have hopes :+1:

6 Likes

It’s been said a few times.
Sonication has apparently had some amazing results with adsorbents and alcohols.

Might be worth a try?

1 Like

Yes indeed truing to find papers on that
But they are rare
Frequencie to use ?
Bath or probe ?
Amount of watt per volume
Etc etc any member that has some info please post :grin:

1 Like

@Shadownaught put the idea in my head but I don’t think they have any hard data. Though I’d imagine theyd increase some sales if they did :wink:

1 Like

maybe need to make my own thread not to spam this with newb questions

Yeah start a new tread

2 Likes

Yeah, the bigger the better for buchner. I use a 240mm one and it rips quite well. But I’ve heard good things about the sock in panda hack. I haven’t tried it out yet.

2 Likes