EHO Color Remediation

You dont need to make a cake. In bho i loose pack my powders.

Had an epiphany moment concerning magnesol and decarb. I think you could theoretically lighten a decarbed oil again using magnesol since it works so well at cleaning used(heated) oils in other, more common, applications.

1 Like

Its not really relevant here but ive read magnesium can be used to decarboxylate an extract without heat.

4 Likes

I tried many brands of carbon and Carbon-Chemistry’s hardwood worked the best. Some of the generic carbon on amazon is practically worthless.

4 Likes

I’m going to have to look into that further. I’m interested in the idea of decarbing while cleaning my product up simultaneously.

@cyclopath I’ve really been wanting to rerun some crude through my mini closed loop but I’m concerned about not being able to achieve enough pressure with my passive system. Maybe I could recharge my butane chamber with no2 and open it like I’m running it, but I’m not really sure. I was thinking about treating it like a dcvc column and dry loading it by evapping it into a mass of celite, then blasting it, that way it is more likely to dissolve completely because it isn’t one thick mass… theoretically.

2 Likes
1 Like

So @TheLostBiologist posted some pretty clear golden etho shatter on his Instagram today. Only uses bento and ac. Does his extractions at at least -60c he says.

4 Likes

Yup, best way to get light stuff is suuuuuper cold. But also the least (relatively speaking) efficient and cost effective method of extraction.

I think gold might be achievable at freezer temps with a super fast pull.

*Edit actually it’s totally achievable, I’ve done it lol.

5 Likes

How fast is fast? I do 3 and 5 minute soaks and the 5 is almost always darker than the 3. -40 is the max temp for a smokable extract as far as I’m concerned. Even then if you’re not colder than -60c it’s going to be darker. If you want yeild go warm. But if you want quality go cold.

The one Renchi was talking about.

That one was done at -75 for 3 minutes.

7 Likes

Done it freezer temps w trim the old school way!

This is what I started with. (Not the waxes, the black tincture in the back).

This is what’s dripping out of my column right now.

Almost concerned all my cannabinoids are stuck in the column, but it’s just celite, T5, silica, magnesol, activated alumina, and another celite layer on top.

5 Likes

@cyclopath Is this rerunning the eho through a cls with butane?

1 Like

Heptane and positive pressure.

4 Likes

Starting to darken, but I was kind of expecting that running a whole kilo of warm etoh hemp crude through a 2x18” column. Still though, from midnight black to this is impressive as hell in my book. I’m wondering how it would look running a cleaner extraction through a 4” column.

3 Likes

What if you reran it through either the same filter bed or a new filter bed? I believe it’d continue to clear considerably.

2 Likes

Looks good, maybe more powders next time or you may have had some channeling

1 Like

I’m thinking of doing just that. Running it through a freshly packed column. Checking the feel of it, I don’t believe any cannabinoids were actually getting pulled through with the first few mililitros that were clear.

1 Like

My tane crc is clear and full spec

1 Like

I’m wondering if it might also be the butane having different solvent qualities than heptane? I’d love to find someone local with a CLS to experiment with.

I dont have the set upfor etho or any of the stuff you guys are doing or i would be all over this. Im now where near as knowledgeable as most of you guys. With the polarity and stuff

2 Likes