Edwards 30 help

darn, well like like I said, its the yellow brick road to the one you need. :man_shrugging:

I like teaching how to fish, but I’m not going to give you the fish my man

I’m sure the dude mentioned above will sell you one for 5k… :sweat_smile:

the real ganja father should handle this issue no problem.

:sunglasses:

(just jokes, be very careful)

Haha thanks.
I’m sure someone will be able to pop their power panel open pretty easily for me and let me know what I’m looking for.
Just waiting for another Edward’s owner to chime in.

honestly in the amount of text we have exchanged you could have looked up the replacement parts sheet direct from Edwards, or just call them. you got this.

1 Like

Lol thanks again for the advice, but I’ve already looked up the replacement part list and its NOT listed. I’ll be calling in the morning, but I figured I’d reach out to the group as well.
Geez

3 Likes

@tweedledew recently reworked an older used E2M18 he got off ebay in this thread;

He may be able to shed some real working knowledge on it and is a good guy!

I’m sure if you give them a call tomorrow and provide serial number they may be able to contact technical support and dig up a diagram they can e-mail you?

3 Likes

Yeah, I definitely didn’t go about setting mine up right. Blew up a couple capacitors myself. It was wired for 120 and I swapped the plug to 240 and didn’t change the capacitor.

Picking up a new one tomorrow and hopefully I can give you some results.

Definitely call/message Edwards. They’ll get back to you in a day or so with what specs you need.

4 Likes

@SafeLeaf.ca thanks for that!

@tweedledew definitely keep me posted. I’m going to have to call them tomorrow for sure. I’m sure the 30vs18 is going to have different capacitors. But I’m still curious to what the inside of your terminal box holds.

1 Like

I can tell you right now looking at one of my 18s it has a very similar capacitor.

I just crated one up to ship it …

or I’d open it for you in a heartbeat.

1 Like

hahaha figures!

I’m just waiting for Edwards to open and hopefully they can help quickly. I’m just hoping that the whole unit isn’t shot and it’s a simple capacitor issue. By the looks of the one that’s blown it has to be the problem…

new tube of magic smoke, and you’ll be off to the races…

3 Likes

hahaha exactly!

Well apparently Edwards doesn’t know what the part is I need as well. I got a hold of an older model with a UK motor so they said as far as they’re concerned I’d need to just purchase a new motor…bleh

Not dead in the water…

You are merely incapacitated :rofl:

Getting the right size is not as important as getting one that is big enough. you’re dealing with a start & a run capacitor. I’ve not looked at the problem in like 10yrs, so I’d be guessing if I told you which was bigger (start?).

Talk to a local AC (as opposed to DC) motor repair. They can make an educated guess I believe.

I don’t believe you’re risking much beyond the price of the capacitor if you size it wrong.

ymmv

7 Likes

I just actually talked to someone with the same year and model! Thank goodness because I’m not sure how I would have figure it out otherwise.

It looks like its a 120uF motor start capacitor 260v. I found one on ebay thats a 150uf motor start capacitor 260v. I’m thinking the extra capacitance isn’t much of a big deal for the intended use, but I can’t for the life of me figure out if it’s a 4 pole capacitor lol. I think I’m just going to buy it anyway and see what happens.

Here’s a link (no one buy it, it’s the last one hahahaha) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/271997158528

incapacitated :rofl::sweat_smile::joy::upside_down_face:

now I get it! :laughing:

1 Like

I opened mine and this is what I seen. Maybe it’ll help

2 Likes

Thanks @LiquidLotusExtracts!

I think my problem is I got an older version that’s why nothing is matching up with all you guys with the fancy new toys. Those internals are sexy af, mine is just a big mess of wires and capacitors lol

Sorry I couldn’t help much.
Check out ideal vacuum , that have Edwards motors for 525. Just replace it if it gets to be a pain.

3 Likes

Just wanted to update you guys that tried to help out. It turns out the motor is seized. Packing it back up and returning to sender.

Luckily I found a guy locally who’s got a freshly rebuilt one for about $1800 so I think I’m just going to go with that.

Thanks guys for trying to get this big ol paperweight up and running lol

2 Likes