Edible graphic design transfer sheets: THC symbol?

Have questions about THC symbol edible transfer sheets for cereal bars. If any one has used them and how to get them to stick. Have tried a couple different ways and they always tare apart. Any knowledge is appreciated.

never heard of them. doesn’t sounds like an efficient way of getting the job done. I can understand why someone might sell them. not sure I get why anyone would buy them.

perhaps you could bring the class up to speed on the concept?

where are you purchasing, and what advantage do you see over actually making cereal bars with THC in them?

applying sheets of THC to premade bars seems both expensive and labor intensive compared to making from scratch. even if one is manufacturing one’s own “transfer sheets”.

are you just trying to apply a graphic, or infused sheets?

1 Like

Sorry I worded it wrong . In Colorado we have to have THC symbols on each 10mg edible we sell. Right now we airbrush and stencil with edible ink, but are trying to move to edible transfer sheets.

1 Like

The THC symbols.

1 Like

That makes sooo much more sense :rofl::joy::rofl:

I suspect air brushing is the better solution, you just need to hand the task to a robot…

2 Likes

Could someone please retitle the thread: “graphic design transfer sheets for thc edibles” ?

1 Like

No. That would make me look like an idiot….

:shushing_face:

Sorry new to this and we call them transfer sheets. I will re-title

2 Likes

Some cyclopath beat you to it…

Which seems like a very reasonable thing to call them…tad confusing when intermingled with THC and cereal bars but no “symbol”…

how much are you paying for them?
Does your supplier appear to have a monopoly?

yes he did…

BUMP

…tell us more about the transfers that are failing you.

…any idea what they’re made of?

and maybe about your air brushing solution…

eg how long does that take?
how many pieces are you trying to label?

unless of course you can see that handing that task to a robot is the right solution… in which case the polite thing to do is to let folks know you’re gonna look at that option, and report back…

1 Like

This seems like a pretty smart solution.

Are they acetate sheets? If so the problem is likely that you are pouring too hot/too cold to get the designs to transfer to the chocolate.

If you’re trying to get the designs to stick to cereal you’re gonna have a bad time with transfer sheets and airbrush is probably the way to go

2 Likes

They are a company call Cannacals.

They are made from corn starch, sugar, glycerin, soy lecithin and a whole bunch other ingredients.

With the airbrushing it takes around 2 to 3 hours to spray 4 sheet trays that equal 1,600 pieces

1 Like

Our targeted edible paper images are printed with state specific THC designs and are perfect for marking single serving cannabis infused foods. They are as versatile as our other products but are designed for a more focused application.

Targets are perfect for:
Pastry/Baked goods such as cookies and bite-sized brownies https://bakedsmart.org/products/

Seems to agree with @Shrimp that acetate is not the solution for cereal bars.

Looking at their website, it seems like all the shots of their products are on very flat/smooth surfaces. Can you post a photo of one of the failed ones? Might help narrow down what the issue is

Does it look like you could automate it?

A 3-D printer seems close…

Eg: Inkedibles CakePro-Quatro (Direct-to-Food Edible Printer) - prints to Cookies, Cakes, Macarons and more - Inkedibles

2 Likes

That is a possible idea. The problem I think we are having is the surface of the crispies are not completely smooth, so not all THC symbols come out clear.

There you go, you answered your own question. It isn’t sticking because it’s designed to be transferred to a matte surface.

Is it possible to ice the tops of the cereal bars with a flat sheet and then apply the transfer sheet to that side?

3 Likes

That may be are future plan. Going to try again a couple different ways and I will post pics when I do. Thank you for the help.

2 Likes