Eating Delta-8

Hello. What is everyone’s opinion on eating Delta-8 vs smoking/vaping/inhalation? I have personally not had D8 to my knowledge, but I have been making D8 gummies for a guy who just drops off D8 dist for me to make for him, and I’ve been thinking a trying a gummy next time I make them.

Although I am highly against D8, and I am worried about health effects. Hence why I’m coming here to ask more as he said it converts in the stomach. However do not know anything about that. But looking to try something new for an experiment/research purpose and see how it feels off 25-75mg.

I eat mine every day. Idk if i would eat mystery gummies though. If the coa is trustworthy go for it. Some people need 25mg some need 125mg.

1 Like

I am making them from D8 with a COA

Friend can’t make gummies well so I make them with what is presumed clean D8, that is what I am worried about. I shall ask him for COA again

1 Like

Sorry. i didnt mean to question your gummy making skills. I meant that the disty could be mystery. We all know not all labs are created equal.

2 Likes

Oh my bad I didn’t take it as that. I just clarify a lot

Agreed, majority of labs do cut corners in a bad way

1 Like

I’d eat it provided it was made with clean/quality distillate, I won’t vape conversions yet though

3 Likes

I shall try to eat a small amount once I see the COA’s again. I’ll shoot you a DM of them if I do.

1 Like

This thread is pretty old but it might offer some helpful info

1 Like

Someone I know had 100mg of D8 I think and said he was fried. He could barely text me. It was smoke shop D8 though so screamed Sketchy.

Delta 8 is for sure ~40% less potent than the equivalent in Delta 9. The effects are different too

Not completely hating on d8 because I know it is legal in some places so there is a market for it but there’s no doubt it’s a different high and weaker (but should be significantly cheaper so that might balance out the potency issue)

1 Like

I agree 100%. Only reason I see it would be “more potent” is tolerance and exposure to it.

D8 is a new substance, to my knowledge we are just now learning and using D8 vs D9, so our bodies are reacting WAY differently to it.

D8 came into the picture some years ago because it has more health benefits (reported) and less adverse effects than d9. Initially there was no talk about any dangers with d8. This mainly because d8 isn’t dangerous for you, quite the opposite. It’s incorrect conversions creating unknown cannabinoids that has people screaming bloody murder all the time. I even had someone tell me that the purple from hu-331 caused him to think you’d pretty much die from the dangers of it. I had just discussed this with photon noir after i looked it up, because hu-331 has alot of benefits. So honestly we need more actual research going on and not just scare mongering so we can figure out all these new conversions that are possible now.

3 Likes

All the research we have is based off D9. Very little is D8 based.