Easiest infused hard candy recipe I've seen to date

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17904775282695171/?hl=en

I tried it out with the jolly ranchers and it worked great. Taste starts to really show around the 30-45mg mark, but it wasn’t bad. 5mg was hard to distinguish between dosed and normal

Lifesavers also worked, I had good luck with the cherry masking a relatively high amount of some old work bho

7 Likes

Oh snap! Yes that phrase is still going strong (lol)

@MillerliteRN

3 Likes

at the scale he makes gummies, from scratch is almost certainly better lol

I like this to use up the old wax I just have laying around

2 Likes

TL;DR

Ranchers

• Slightly melt jolly ranchers in microwave in a cup lined with parchment paper. Add disty.
  • Fully melt slowly while stirring.
  • Pull out, form into flat slab and score.
  • Place in the freezer until hard.
  • Smash into bits and place into silicon mold
  • Melt in oven or microwave until formed
  • PROFIT$
5 Likes

Would it be safe to assume that a hard candy would facilitate sublingual absorption to a much greater degree than gummies or other edibles? I have had cobs which when chewed would have an onset as fast as 20 minutes…

3 Likes

I mean, customers can think this and probably will tell themselves it works better. Without something aiding in passage through mucosal membranes the bulk of it is probably going to get swallowed anyway and go through regular metabolism. Jury is still out on THC absorbing through submucosal membranes as is.

There are carriers that definitely seem to improve uptake sublingually but it’s hard to know if it’s absorbing sublingually or just being taken up better in the body elsewhere. These things also probably would mess up the hard candy recipe though.

4 Likes

I think lecithin was supposedly the substance that was supposed to “quick activate” THC/CBD?

1 Like

Eh I think lecithin is like Facebook tech. Not as cut and dry as “just add lecithin”

4 Likes

It’s unavailable now

@curtisterps on instagram, in his story highlights. Showing up for me just fine

1 Like

Yeah it wasn’t working on the link posted, that’s all