Dual recovery lines

Just found that 3” end cap. Honestly I’ll probably just change my sieve to a 3” and make it a little longer. Can’t believe I missed that when I was putting this upgrade together. Thank you

2 Likes

I have a jacketed collection pot
Then that goes to a mol sieve
From there it goes into a jacketed recovery vessel with an internal cooling coil.
The internal coil is in a (closed) loop with the outer cooling coil submerged in DI slurry.
This is what i consider one coil. Its more like 2 coils in one loop.
When i said i wanna go 2 coils i mean i wanna go 2 different closed loops using 2 coils submerged in slurry as active heat exchangers cooiling 2 passive heat exchangers (one coil and one jacket)

Im still waking up i guess. Im unclear on where your 2 coils are. Are you recovering/condensing solvent thru a coil?

Condensing solvent.

1 Like

Sorry Karen

1 Like

Hi,
a manifold will do the trick.

1 Like

Run the two coils side by side

Blow water through a hose. Now attach a straw to the end and blow. At for sure is going to slow you down goong to 1/4". Nobody uses 1/4 anymore.

Also you want a cap that has 1/2 npt. Then you can use a 1/2 T on your sieve. Or a 4" triclamp manifold

1 Like

Are you producing enough vapor to feed those lines?

1 Like

How would I be able to tell? @Waxplug1

A pic of your setup would help us help you.
How big is it?

1 Like

I’m not at the lab but I have pictures of my current setup on my Instagram @goldenpeakoilco

I’m waiting on the upgrades to come so it won’t show the configuration I’m going for for passive.

Basic breakdown of my system is

100lb solvent tank
2 6x36” material column
(Will be adding a CRC column between material and collection)
12x24” collection
4x18” sieve
1/4 condensing coil

What are you using to heat your collection

@Slabby A 10L 2kw heater that came with the original unit before I Frankenstein’d it.

I have read via @Dred_pirate that you need 3kw for every 1lb/min you want to recover, but I believe that’s heating and cooling power?

I run consumables for my cooling (dry ice/acetone slurry on my coil and solvent tank) and I don’t know how to quantify that “power”

I’ve never had a problem with my heater maintaining operating temp for recovery.

1 Like

2kw is tiny

1 Like

indeed. matching heat in to heat out is an important constraint. given your cooling method, you can “match” a wide range of heat input.

2 Likes

Would I be able to supplement with some other kind of heating?

@Goldenpeakoilco depending on the setup may be able to add another heater inline.

You don’t say where you are located but I can help those near Denver/Boulder with custom fittings and adding pipe threads or other machining operations

3 Likes

So are you running both tubes at the same time? Your 12x24 collection will hold roughly 50lbs of solvent and each of your material columns will hold 7.5-9.5lbs of biomass

So let’s say you’re running 6lbs of solvent per lb with your crc installed (want to run more when crc’n, it’ll help flush your powder), you’re looking at 45-57lbs of solvent to each column…

The only way to make that work is to recover to a different solvent tank while you’re still injecting from another. To be able to keep up with your injection you’ll need to be recovering 2lbs a minute minimum…

Looks to me like you need to look at the total volume of everything and make a new plan of attack.

3 Likes

I fill my material column with solvent until all of the material is saturated. I soak for a few minutes (5-10), then push through to recovery. I use roughly 40-50lbs of solvent for both columns total, depending how full they are. My yields are pretty much on par with everyone I’ve talked to.
10% for low quality
12-15 for medium quality
15-20 for high quality
Sometimes 20+ on heavy yielding strains.
I’ve Never understood the need for such massive amounts of solvent. Do you not fully saturate the material? Just let the solvent flow over it straight to collection?

Also my material columns hold 3-5lbs each. I don’t pack them heavily, just tap the tubes down and lightly hand pack. I’ve found that helps to allow all the material to become saturated.

@FicklePickle

1 Like

Or a jacketed base and a jacketed splatter platter.