Dry sift rosin tech (Greenbroz Alchemist style)

There’s a thousand ways to skin a cat. Here’s mine!

In these photos I got 20% yield from the starting flower in under 20 mins total time flower to rosin. Speed is why I like this method, and no need to use solvents like dihydrogen monoxide. Which require removal. #truesolventless

**edit: HPLC indicates 65% THCA

1. Tumble out that dry sift, 180u screens.!
    Add dry ice powder/chunks to flower in tumbler and let it sit for 10 mins to freeze thoroughly. Tumble for 3-5 mins (it’s quick!!). 2 lbs/run is a max on the Greenbroz alchemist 420. Must be dry flower.

1. Press it out. Nothing new here.

1. Take the spent flower and make disty because there’s still enough to be worth it! You’ll still get similar yields to extracting some average hemp biomass, and you’ve already collected a premium product!
3 Likes

That rosin is awfully dark dude. Are you able to achieve a light color while still maintaining the yield?

6 Likes

It’s solventless tho

4 Likes

Try removing the dry ice before you sift. It is very likely breaking down plant material into fines, that are making it into your rosin, causing the darker pigment.

Who in the hell is using this?

6 Likes

Use a 120 bag, 160 at most.

This chemical kills indiscriminately.

Found a warning label, serious stuff. index

14 Likes

I can run it with other micron screens on the tumbler and get it lighter, but for personal use and not having to spend much time doing making it I don’t mind this color. This was seedy outdoor that I didn’t care as much about.

only people making bubble hash!

6 Likes

I’m all for solvents! I just think as far as rosin goes this is easier than having to make bubble hash. And it’s legal to do at home, or rent the equipment out for others to process their home grown herb legally.

2 Likes

I used 72u and I think a 36u bag when I pressed. 180 was the screen size on the tumbler.

1 Like

My reply was for the initial shake with di. For pressing kief, i used a 25 bag.

1 Like

The three screen sizes the Ive got for the alchemist are 180, 135, and 80 I believe. The smallest one works well but the yields arent anywhere close. Next time I’ll run the 135 and see how it looks!

It’s not about yields, it’s about the quality/size of the trichomes

3 Likes

Fair enough, I know I can improve the color here, but it still came out at 65% on the HPLC…

1 Like

This was my personal way of making hash in my apartment in Los Angeles. I am a big sift fan, gotta clean it up though with more layers/filters.

3 Likes

Love the avatar @moveweight!

3 Likes

I said i loved it lmao it’s too perfect
I keep not seeing you and then seeing you and i’m like fuck it! i’ll take the avatar too!

2 Likes

Hey Moveweight, I wanted to reach out to you about a quick question. This is a beautiful process and end product from the photographs in the blog. I teach a course through a local community college in Saint Louis. Missouri. Our course is, Laboratory methods for Cannabis extraction and I wanted to see if you mind sharing where you were able to snag the Sift screens from? I have looked around a little but did not have any luck finding many brands, and not this one you mentioned. We do not have much funding till the end of next year, but I am still looking at items to add to ease some of our lab experiments and equipment that I can expose them to before they step into the industry. This is one of those items that I have not snagged yet and will most definitely need haha

just go to a screen printing store the ‘brand’ don’t matter you want monofiliment polyester screens which are measured in ‘mesh’ size unless u order from europe then its T size (mesh/2.5). What you need is 80mesh=180u and ideally 110mesh=150u followed by 200-300mesh if you want to static clean before press for uber quality.

1 Like