@Dr_Jebril Lab Review

First off, thank you @Dr_Jebril for having the patience to wait almost a month and a half from sending the sample to receiving it in Switzerland. (See tracking as proof and cross-check the dates between Kaycha sent/received date and the date sent for Jebril).

USPS US Customs Number or “tracking” for the sample was: UH026408959US

We normally don’t do lab reviews or even post unless it’s business related, but seeing so many people on here skeptical about labs, etc. I decided to really dive into different labs to cross-reference our Water-Soluble CBD formula’s consistency against other labs in the USA. We are highly confident in our product, honestly.

There has been major discrepancies in testing results we have gotten back from Kaycha, FAST Labs, etc. (In Oklahoma you are required to use at least one state recognized lab to put your products in dispensaries). And all labs here are subpar, so it is what it is don’t hate :joy:

Our formula is research and university accredited, with a low Zeta-potential that tests/insures shelf-life stability and electrostatic repulsion. SOO after a month and a half in transit to Switzerland our formula still tests 9.99+% (10%) as Dr.Jebril has tested, we sent 10mL to him to run as many analytics as possible in any way he chooses.

I am attaching 2 CoA’s (2nd didn’t upload DM me if you want an outdated CoA from march that test 10%) from Kaycha, one in march is our first test, then the second is from our most recent formula.

The EXACT same sample from Kaycha (full panel) is the one Jebril tested (cross-reference tracking/testing dates if need be). These percentage discrepancies are huge, even 2-4% difference can cause a product to be compliant, make a customer go to another product, etc. But for water-soluble every single mg tested matters.

Our company will start doing lab reviews on the most accredited labs in this forum, I feel it’s a good way to engage with the forum a little more. Especially knowing how consistent our formula is and how reputable the labs are we will be reviewing on here. If there are any questions let me know!

11 Likes

Do you have results from a third lab?

1 Like

Almost all analytical tools have tolerances. The most accurate number is probably an average of a bunch of labs cutting out the outliers.

5 Likes

Don’t you want a high zeta potential? Do you mean it’s low as in has a high negative value?

From Wikipedia on the subject:

“ For molecules and particles that are small enough, a high zeta potential will confer stability, i.e., the solution or dispersion will resist aggregation. When the potential is small, attractive forces may exceed this repulsion and the dispersion may break and flocculate. So, colloids with high zeta potential (negative or positive) are electrically stabilized while colloids with low zeta potentials tend to coagulate or flocculate as outlined in the table.[7][8]

1 Like

same guy that tore into “me” about some bitcoin bullshit but yeah, would love to hear his response on zeta potential (or even his understanding of what it is/means), as well as passing along DLS/particle size data with ID/VD/ND and PDI included.

For example: “2 populations centered near 125nm and 500nm” = the PDI is waaaay above 0.2, the VD, ND and ID are all over the place indicating heterogeneity in the mfg schema, and 500nm particles aren’t in my understanding therapeutically relevant depending on the surfactant system utilized.

I don’t ask for data that I can’t supply myself, and I’d like to see an articulate, academic response to the above questions, instead of devolving into the ego masturbation that @ClearScience has brought to previous threads.

2 Likes

Naw, you don’t want that when dealing with this. The IP actually utilizes the polymeric surfactant and ingredients as a stabilizer, like a backbone essentially. I can forward the analysis to you and you can see why.

As for you nursing major… that was a multimodal analysis helping us understand underlying populations that can attribute to the overall integrity of our emulsion. I think most people would be encouraged by the data provided.

I would support someone here at F4.2k before I look elsewhere for business needs. The good Dr. @Dr_Jebril is always knowledgeable and kind and I would love to support his work if he wasn’t so far away!

8 Likes

I’d agree with you. But when our rudimentary formula is 10% from Kaycha and was tested in march and our newer formula is 100x better and just got tested by Jebril, I am going to assume the USA labs are :wastebasket: in comparison. TBH I only posted to help people out on where to allocate their money.

2 Likes

“100x better” formula? By what metrics? Didn’t Dr. Jebril test it at ~10%?

ur wild! if you’re taking that literally then I’m wrong, obvi :joy:

Jesus christ dude. I was never a nursing major, I was one of 2 people admitted into a neuroscience PhD program in 2015 at your supposed university–feel free to go and speak to the head of the dept, Dr Greenwood, or the CEO of OMRF instead of doxxing people you don’t know or do business with on the forum.

I don’t even know what the point is. You doxxed someone else but really doxxed me, and now are doubling down on whatever bullshit instead of apologizing, calling me a nursing major, as if that would be a bad thing in the first place, and responding to comments in ways that I wish you knew half as much as the people I know that work at Mercy, OUHSC, and Integris. So much for oklahomies man. Feel free to whip your bullshit with outlandish claims and cut other people down in the process ya fuckin chad

9 Likes

@chempistry I’m sorry, we good?

That doesn’t make sense but I’m open to learning about what you’re talking about. Not sure how it would be different in your application since it’s still a colloid.

Zeta potential in the literature is always reported as either being high positive or negative charge. Usually a zeta potential of -30 or greater is considered stable.

@munkdooligan

EDIT: I don’t use this forum to do my thinking or RnD. We take our shots methodically, and follow through accordingly. Hopefully that answers your questions and people on here can appreciate the respect for scientific endeavor our company has.

2 Likes

Ok that makes sense. Kinda the same deal with using hydrocolloids for your emulsions, like gum Arabic and starches. They aren’t charged, but have stability due to sterics.

4 Likes

Has this been tested by a third lab? Why is the test with the higher value the accurate result?

1 Like

@bigbone Jebril literally ran 4-7 tests and still has 8mL of our sample left. Every single test was 10% take it to PM if you care to ask him. I just wanted to help the forum on reputable labs and allocating their money

1 Like

I am not questioning Dr. Jebril. He has shared some really good data with the community. However, 4-7 tests that all come back 10% indicates good precision. It speaks nothing to the accuracy of the result.

5 Likes

@bigbone accurate enough? Two different solvents, two series of tests with more coming. I hope that suffices