Don’t put extract on your stove

Just keep the process outside. Closed loop or open blast. Always use indirect heating.

4 Likes

do you know the LEL and UEL for your solvent of choice?

Do you have a way of measuring if you’re between those two?

A way of ensuring you never get into that range?

The guys in WA are required to. By law.

4 Likes

I’m actually very surprised at how many technicians I encounter who don’t know, and or don’t know where to find that information…or maybe I shouldn’t be surprised

1 Like

A wet pour should at least be done in a certified indoor lab or outside. I get it man, back in 2010 I was open blasting in my backyard, but I still did a double boil bulk purge by bringing boiling water from the kitchen to the outside and then did a final purge in a vacuum oven. At least with grass and dirt you don’t have the same chance of building up static as you do walking across carpet, and if there’s no electronics or open flames then your chances of injury are significantly reduced.

Its easy on this forum to get sense smacked into you instead of a more “gentle” approach, but these guys are doing it for your own safety.

6 Likes

People tried the gentle approach with them, they still kept arguing.

At that point the more blunt stuff came out.

They don’t want to listen, imo, so the best you can hope for is they don’t hurt anyone else when they inevitably have a mishap.

3 Likes

You’re one of those people who won’t listen to advice. Even if you’re ‘partner’ (I don’t believe that for one second btw) was the one who put a dish full of butane on the stove, you chose to do something inherently dangerous in the totally wrong environment. You’re just as ignorant as they are.

And you keep trying to equate a c1d1 environment to your apartment…

At no point should any of this happened. Get a rosin press and avoid hydrocarbons.

5 Likes

Water doesn’t even have to be boiling. Hot sink water works well enough. Just need to transfer it once the water cools down

2 Likes

Dude quit saying apartment, this arguing is lame as fuck. I don’t feel like divulging all the information about my whereabouts but yes we have it done outside on concrete right outside the back there’s grass and dirt around the concrete like you would normally see. I’m in country where the shit grows and y’all city folk think your teaching the senseless how to grow fruit when the working man is the one pumping out dollars and gold. If your that high to not comprehend compound sentences I suggest you stop smoking for a while and learn.

He definitely lives in a apartment in the country

3 Likes

That was a whole bunch of nothing you just said genius. I have no idea what point you were trying to convey here.

Lemme ask you this question, would you put a dish full of gasoline on top of a stove? A city or a country boy should know that answer right?

5 Likes

And you have no fucking idea where I come from, I grew up where growing weed or working with your hands were the only ways to make a living. Nice of you to assume things though you uneducated dolt.

4 Likes

This type of extraction should be BANNED on this outlet, and a WARNING LABEL be put on the very 1st post.

4 Likes

Are you assuming that everyone calling you out right now lives in the city? :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

There’s no hope with this one.

It’s like he came to an extraction forum to tell how us all how much of a dumbass his ‘partner’ is.

Then we would all praise what a big brain he has as well, now that he knows butane is flammable.

4 Likes

Lmfao

1 Like

I agree with @Demontrich that open blasting Tek should be a no go fo sho topic here

5 Likes

Information on how not to die making cannabis extracts will not be regulated here.

23 Likes

@Future is 100% correct. Banning talk about open blasting is about as good an idea as abstinence only in sex ed

13 Likes

“He that has never open blasted among you, let him first cast a stone”

-Future

15 Likes

I should definitely rephrase what I meant. I think when someone inquires about open blasting we should point them to a safer less dangerous alternative then open blasting @Future

5 Likes