Dog cancer

my buddy is using my cbd/mct on his older pit. He says he sees the dog not getting worse. Its really tough to judge. It took how many years for consensus that tobacco is bad?

I have an old pit bull with chronic pain. She actively seeks out getting extremely baked. She will climb onto tables and pull buds off the table, bite branches off my plant anything she can do to get baked. I noticed when she would do it her extreme hip dysplasia seemed to disappear, she would run around like a crazy puppy eat a bunch of food and then pass out. At first she would have some bad side effects like pissing herself uncontrollably. Started giving her cbd with small amounts of thc and slowly ramping it up and she is doing far better than she was a couple years ago and she no longer has and bad side effects. Buddy who I adopted her from because he simply couldn’t provide for her living in the woods saw her a few weeks ago and was astounded how much better she was doing. No guarantees about anything but I can definitely say if someone has a dog with hip dysplasia it is absolutely worth a try.

Crazy thing about it is she protected a large cannabis grow for years before I got her and buddy said she ate some buds a few times as a puppy and never wanted anything to do with it as she figured out what was making her feel strange. Now that she is old I can only assume her taste has changed because she gets some sort of benefit from it. Other dogs all learned their lesson at one point or another and don’t eat it but my pit seems to love getting lit just as much as I do.

4 Likes

Check my post. Sounds same as my dog who is doing way better now.

1 Like

Thank you brother

Only issue, my male lab HATES anything thc/cbd. He makes this weird face and looks like he wants to throw up

I tried to help my dog with edibles but unfortunately the mass cell tumors kept coming…

We ended up taking 7 major areas off her and her head. We were lucky enough to save her ears.

She’s just chilling now in big Texas

7 Likes

Same with my 14 year old terrier chihuahua mix…both ACL severed and a giant tumor on one knee

3 Likes

It made me a true believer in the power of cannabinoids in other animals not just humans! The vet told them discreetly they will be recommending cannabinoids to the most sick patients. With hemp extracts being available this option is viable but I believe the true healing came from the thc in the full spectrum extract.

Sorry to hear that man

My gsd has zero interest in smoke. But during harvest I do catch her eating leaves off the floor. Im lucky that she is still totally healthy at age 8 other than ear infections.

I’m In a similar position. I think I’m gonna start my dog on some sorta cbd/thc tincture.

Found out last week my dog has lymphoma. We saw my dogs lymph nodes get swollen and brought the dog to the vet to find out she has cancer. She starts chemo and radiation on Thursday but all I read leaves a grim outcome.

Think it’s time to start her on a regimen of cbd/thc to help with the chemo. We haven’t told my kid yet as he’s away for a month. He’s gonna be devastated

6 Likes

I’ve given a old dog rso for hip problems and the dog would run around like a puppy while stoned it was crazy to see he loved it

2 Likes

I’ve killed a dog with an edible before so definitely go easy at the start

4 Likes

how old and what breed?

I have a shiba inu mix and we don’t know how old she is. Some where around 8-9 years old.

It’s really the best dog I’ve ever owned. By far the smartest dog I’ve been around.

1 Like

.,. More likely the chocolate in the edible was to blame pot doesn’t kill Dogs
“The previously mentioned JVECC paper proved that it is not impossible for THC to kill a dog. But I can assure you from my professional experiences that it is very darned nearly impossible to do so. I have treated dogs who have consumed pounds of marijuana. I have treated dogs who have broken into dealers’ stashes. I have treated dogs that have grazed on Humboldt marijuana farms. I have treated Chihuahuaswho have consumed packages of edibles that would floor a dozen people. They were all severely intoxicated, but not one of them came close to dying. There is simply no way, at least at this point in time, that a single edible could kill a Brittany Spaniel.”

I wish you all the best.

This good boys’ fight has ended. :cry:

14 Likes

It was an mct tincture. The dog ate some on bread the night before and never woke up in the morning. I’m not trying to scare anyone of advocate against it just sharing an experience. I felt bad because we were trying to help the old dog.

Didn’t even realize I posted this months back.

And to the above poster sorry for your loss

2 Likes

Try to change his diet to Alaskan salmon and organic chicken and rice.

rescues are usually underestimated in age to get them out the door. im my 8.5 year old gsd ever got into a rescue who couldnt read her chip Ill bet that they would call her 3. I saw my uncles dog this weekend, he is clueless of its age. They got it as a pup in like 2003 by my memory. ive been in argument over its age and hes clueless- he got divorced like 12 years ago and the dog was in the house with his wife and kids for years prior. and he thinks its under 12 hes theoretically smart, he sells medical eqipment to surgeons.