Does your rig change how your oil tastes? What y’all smokin outta?

Its honestly just two teaspoons of a.c.in claim filtered over 5 microns. I guess you can use d.e. too but honestly just using the a.c. and a 5micron filter works well enough.

Cause if you think about it a.c. detoxes stuff. I am going to compare two jars to each other one with a.c. in a mixture with lipids and one with the lipids winterized prior to a.c. scrub.

UPDATE: I have 2 pints of claim mixtures. 6 more to go!!!

1 Like

I strongly disagree with that statement. Don’t order off DHgate. Chinese glass is terrible. The workers are under paid. They often don’t anneal their pieces properly (or at all) leaving tension in the glass that will easily break. They use low quality Chinese glass rods that are prone to breaking. Also DHgate has no problem selling counterfeit merch ripped off from American artists. I opened a glass shop/ studio years ago and have a pretty solid understanding of glass. IG is a great place to connect with American artists doing killer work. If you aren’t looking to spend a ton of money then find a glass artist that does more production work. Local Blend is a small glass company located up here in WA that does some awesome production work. Killer prices too.

2 Likes

@Gumby nice rig! I dig the cab and the little wigwag murrine. Hard to tell from the pic but looks like it has a few opal encasements?

gotta agree with that, any chinese glass I’ve ever bough has broken. Any american glass I’ve ever bought is still in one piece. It usually costs more for good glass, but it ends up being cheaper in the long run. I love checking out the local shops and seeing what they have in from the local blowers in the area. You always find some awesome work.

3 Likes

That’s another way to go about it. Tho wouldn’t recommend it

I mean if you clean up claim can’t you turn it to distillate?

1 Like

I usually just evaped the alcohol and put it in the vac oven until it turned into a pull n snap texture, but i can’t stand the taste in anything so I just toss it. All this talk about cleaning up bad stuff gets me wondering though if it isn’t much work to scrub and filter and have something decent for edibles.

I like the your idea of filtering it. I’m going to have to get a setup to do this and give it a whirl. I’ll have to start saving my claim in the meantime… Too bad I just cleaned my rig and dumped a few grams of it down the drain :rofl:

1 Like

Lmfaoooo oh noooooo

I pack some of last years trim from the next run in the bowl, and add a big dab of the product getting ready to go in the vac oven, light it with a wooden match

4 Likes

Another thing you could do is add flavor from cannabis by simply adding 3 grams of cannabis to the claim mixture and do a quick wash. The overtones sorta become the nug taste while you’ll have an undertone of claim.

I mean claim Is claim. You just won’t have it suck as bad if you carbon filter it. The old man shoe smell was remediated.

*Anecdotal that adding cannabis to a claim mixture will “add flavor”. Honestly it happened a few times when I wanted to make the claim taste better.

1 Like

Ha uhhh what?

Safety officer :policeman: has some questions… I’ll be honest so do i

3 Likes

Alright guys this reclaim talk is grossing me out lol. I get that some people have limited access so they have to make due with what they have but I feel there’s better ways to conserve oil.
If you are collecting that much claim I’d reevaluate what you are dabbing through. Keep in mind that claim is building up from the oil vapor condensing in your rig. Lots of percolation, too cold of water, too much water… these are all reasons that claim builds up quickly. Ever try to dab through a bong with ice in it?.. The ice condenses nearly the entire dab before it gets to your lungs. Think of it like you are distilling each dab into your lungs. To see this first hand just take a piece that usually builds up reclaim fast and use it for a little bit without water. You will notice how little builds up in comparison.

Also think about it this way, you ever blow through a straw? Notice how the inside of the straw gets coated in a thin layer of saliva or condensed moisture from your breath. You don’t notice but you often breath little bits of air into your piece via coughing or taking little breaths before inhaling your dab. Well imagine all the saliva that winds up in your piece after using it long enough to build up a stash of claim and how much is in the claim after you collect it… ew.

Good luck on your reclaim adventures. Let’s try and bring this back to the original topic. You can always start a new thread on the topic of reclaim! :man_shrugging: :+1:

I have a small amount of reclaim from the puffco that we are saving up To polish, got the idea from a skunkpharm article long ago I believe.
I don’t smoke reclaim, nor would I give it as a medical donation, that’s fuxked up, just give em a slab… but if I found myself in that position I would relish it because it is medicine for me.
I love organic grass fed steaks and Yukon gold potatoes, but if I’m super hungry, I’m not passing the exit because it’s burger queen,

1 Like

I’m definitely not bashing personal use of reclaim. I’m sure we’ve all had hard times when the hash drought was upon us and reclaim starts looking like some fresh diamonds lol. I mean it’s a lot better then the good ole days of being poor in college and scraping pipes to smoke resin lol.

I ran a med shop for years here in WA and around 2011, when BHO was just starting to take off, people were always asking if we bought back jars of reclaim or sold reclaim as a cheap oil option. I think it goes without saying but obviously we did not do either of those things lol.

1 Like

I believe I saw an article that said 4 tests were done on 4 dif batches of claim and it was like 25-50% d9
It is decarbed, and is amazing for topicals or capsules

you would be surprised the stuff I’ve seen passed off as shatter in illegal states a few years ago before rec passed in CO. I’ve seen people paying 60/g for reclaim and then bragging about how good it is because its “cookies”. I almost died when I saw that claim being pulled out… I smelled it, instantly knew it was claim.

1 Like

I know this, but my current quartz offering is the one with the giant block of quartz on the bottom to retain heat, so I can’t place the dab in the center for a cold start.

Also, in regards to enails, have any of you diy gurus built your own enails? I was thinking about embossing cannabis leaves into a clear sheets and creating a case with that, and I have the soldering skills, but I know nothing about pids other than how to turn the ones I currently use on.

I haven’t built one personally but I was really close to a while back and had done a ton of research on it. The wiring is extremely simple, you can find diagrams online from others who have DIY’ed them. If you have the skills to build the case, you’ll be fine figuring out the wiring.

If you end up making those cases, post them up, I bet it would be really neat, and probably have a line of people wanting to buy them from you :wink:

Doing that now! Claim/Misc Clean-Up