Does this sound like a good idea for edibles

You should make something designed as a suitcase and name it something clever or make a suitcase style logo on a box and when you open it it has like a deck of thin white chocolate thc infused cards, dark chocolate and regular chocolate poker chips, the hard candy dice and a note that thanks the customer ^>^

3 Likes

Clam Chowda?
Iā€™ll dip my balls in it!

3 Likes

Cherry and strawberry gummy bears melted on parchment paper on a rimmed sheet panā€¦ Using a pump sprayer to distribute ethanol solution of disty as even as possibleā€¦ maybe stir it. When done at low temps it doesnt degrade the proteins in the gelatin too muchā€¦ order box of nerds for $32 online. Chill the sheet to make it cool off and harden up a bit. Use a pizza cutter or a large cutter of some sort to make long strips. Let warm up and roll in nerds pressing them into the mix. ??? Profit

Iā€™m just gonna melt jolly ranchers, add clear, let harden then crush it to a powder and fill molds.

1 Like

I like the idea of nerds but why buy gummies and spray? Just make the recipes and add it in at 170 and pour out a condiment bottle.

3 Likes

One thing at a time. Custom molds are thousands of $. Not a bad idea tho

3 Likes

If you dont want to cut it just use silicone water bottle ice moldā€¦ and stir in dose. I cut them from sheet because minimize my losses on inside of syringes

Is there something I can do to prevent the candies from re-melting and sticking together? I was thinking about coating in citric acid ?

1 Like

Pure citric acid will be too much
1:10 anhydrous citric acid to caster sugar ratio is still pretty sour
Are they hard candies?

my gummies never stick, i use the 100 mg gummy recipe from ic mag. The actual mg depends mostly on the size of mold you are using. From what I hear adding the citric makes them sticky not prevents it. I make my gummies very edible and not offensive, Im not trying to make them taste so good that people dont know its weed.

2 Likes

yes just melted jolly ranchers

1 Like

Use powdered sugar and anhydrous citric acid

I have seen these traditional market. Called ā€œsnake eyesā€

what ratio would you recommend ? 1:10 ?

1 Like

Has anyone had any success with melting candies or gummies and remolding? Iā€™ve pulled it off using jolly ranchers but molding the melted mixture is a pain in the ass. Tried the powder and mold method also but that takes way to long. I feel like Iā€™m almost wasting my time, these methods donā€™t scale well from what Iā€™ve seen and I have a 400 cavity mold to fill.

Success? Not on my end but Iā€™ve made the attempt.

it really is easier to make them from scratchā€¦

8 Likes

Butā€¦ butā€¦ thatā€™s not what WKU told his followers!

1 Like

Yea Iā€™m starting to realize that for gummies. Might try doing chocolates also, those would be easier to melt and mold.

I got my mold and bags ready I just havenā€™t decided if Iā€™m going to do gummies or hard candies yet. or maybe even chocolates.

1 Like