Does anyone use Xtractor Depot Xeno Chiller?

I’m looking for honest reviews of Xtractor Depot’s Xeno chiller. I plan on using it to cool a 6" ethanol FFE.

1 Like

I’ve never seen anyone running one, but Xeno is @ChangMinXD’s baby. Anything is an issue he’ll see to your success. Just make sure your chiller size meets your needs.

1 Like

Absolutely not. If you want serious power and take temps off you go the pros like polyscience.

You get a better warranty, onsite repair or service if needed, or free warranty work sent back and forth.

These import sellers are literally selling stale gear all basically coppied from the best but with the cheapest parts inside.

My opinion is if you want to run a ffe properly and stay at temp with no temp swings you need a higher quality chiller. Ffe dumps heat and unless you want issues I would stick with the best. Polyscience.

2 Likes

How many gph do you want to recover?

What solvent?

Hopefully you’re looking at a water chiller and not a -30 lab chiller or something

2 Likes

We use the xeno 10 ton for a variety of applications from butane recovery to ethanol recovery. It provides 16kw at -10c. We have one running at our licensed facility if you’d like to see it in action if you’re in SoCal! @Terpdude

8 Likes

@ChangMinXD how many liters/be are you achieving with ethanol recovery? Are you using a rotovap or FFE?

@Kingofthekush420 I’m looking to hit 100l/h or better of ethanol recovery.

The Xeno is a -10c 10 ton chiller. For the same money I can get the @CEMAINSTRUMENT 5000 chiller or cooling tower. I’m up in the air here

I got deals on 10hp poly chillers fam.

1 Like

You’ll need 22 KW cooling atleast to hit 100 LPH, if I were you I’d look on ebay for a 5 ton + water chiller

I bet you can get one for under 5k off ebay

Might not be American made but it’ll get you started and won’t cost you tens of thousands of dollars

24kw cooling under 5k

Just something to consider, im sure XD and spdking will throw a fit lol

3 Likes

You can easily hit 100L/hr with the Xeno unit for recovering ethanol.

1 Like

Are you sure :thinking:

@ChangMinXD because my spread sheet says different

2 Likes

If you ever want to figure out for yourself how much heating / cooling power you need to evaporate a certain amount of alcohol use this calculator, it’s the shit and will make your life so easy

4 Likes

The Xeno hits 16kw at -10c. @ChangMinXD do you know what the kw rating is at 0-5c?

It provides 24kw at 5c.

3 Likes

Based on kush’s spreadsheet, the chiller will suffice for what you are doing :laughing:

1 Like

That chiller is a rip off at 20k

Mta will sell you that same chiller for 5k less just saying :wink:

And the MTA can go outside without needing to be “enclosed”

3 Likes

Something you should also look into is membrane technology for the majority of the solvent recovery, ffe are super inefficient and expensive to run.

I can recover 60 gph on 15 amps 220v with my solvent recovery skid

I cant fully recover all the ethanol though so I still have to finish the evaporation in a ffe/roto.

3 Likes

Even an ffe has to finish in a roto was always my understanding due to flow concerns?

1 Like

Not if the FFE runs under vacuum

The Yellowstone couldn’t dry out my crude because it runs at atmosphere but a good ffe that runs under vac you should be able to even decarb in as long as the heater get that hot

Mine has a 12 kw heater on it that goes to 250c with a flow of 100L/M

1 Like

Are you really suggesting you can process 100L/min with half the heating capacity you just told us you’d have to have?

The 100L/M is the flow of the heater silly

I was just pointing out thats over 26 gpm

I see XD selling Hubbell water heaters for 10k and it makes me laugh because I got this heater here with taxes and duties for 5k which is half the cost of that crappy water heater

1 Like