Does anyone use Xtractor Depot Xeno Chiller?

@Kingofthekush420

I’m listening…that sounds interesting.

I can winterize and do color removal with a different set of membranes

Watch this video on my IG

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIencWfD9Io/?igshid=wlb6io1vhqrt

This is warm ethanol extract I winterized with membranes

A different size membrane would do solvent recovery

1 Like

@Kingofthekush420 just shot you a DM on IG

1 Like

Do you have any people that bought your membrane tech and using it successfully that can chime in here?

4 Likes

I don’t think there’s anyone on here yet but I can put you in contact with past customers in the wine, extraction, food processing and even medical fields who use our skids for more then just the things I listed above and are more then satisfied with our product

My buddys been doing this 20+ years and builds the skids himself and his dad did it before him, we can make you a Ferrari with full PID or a batch skid all depends on your budget.

Go through my IG and you can see some of the crazy stuff we’re doing, membranes is just the tip of the iceberg

So I’ve done some reading regarding these membranes. The membrane replacement cost is pretty affordable but the finished units are expensive af. What gives?

These systems run anywhere between 200 and 1000 psi, were not using simple closed loop SS parts for this.

The housings, pump, and motor are all specific to this application

The cost to get into anything is pretty high. Whether it FFE, RFE, or membranes the startup costs are high, but maintaining and operating costs are low. So they balance out… Kinda

2 Likes

Being able to warm extract with ethanol without worrying about sugars makes it worth it alone (not to mention the energy savings not having to chill large amounts of ethanol) factor in 90% energy savings over a FFE for solvent recovery and you’re making crude for penny’s on the dollar compared to ppl who cold extract and evaporate with a FFE

We’re getting to the point where every penny counts

1 Like

Okay, I would love to see the membrane filters in action in a rigorous production environment in our industry. I’ve been following membrane technology for a few years now since it was first introduced to our industry and I haven’t seen anyone really produce something that others have been able to vouch for. I believe in the technology on paper, but want to see it being successfully used in a production setting.

4 Likes

My main concern is when extracting warm I’ve seen considerable amounts of undesirables (waxes, fats, sugars) in the solution. Won’t this absolutely destroy a new membrane?

1 Like

Well that makes a bit more sense. I was looking at some of the skids available wondering where the $$ was really spent.

How often are you replacing winterization membranes?

1 Like

No, large particles destroy the membranes

You need to do a 20 micron pre filter, that’s it

You can foul a membrane at high pressures under certain circumstances but with the right SOP that shouldn’t happen

Depends on the brand tbh

The cheap membranes I use have been in trials for 6 months and show only a slight sign of degradation

What are you using as a prefilter?

1 Like

I highly advice you to watch this video

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIencWfD9Io/?igshid=3nrx8q5ryjv

Idk anyone who can do color remediation like this on warm ethanol extract, even with CRC

I’ll have my live demo site setup soon with my screw press, youre more then welcome to come see it in action with the membrane skid (im up here in norcal)

I’ll also have the ion exchange skid running for inline isomerization :crazy_face:

2 Likes

20 micron bag filter with a centrifugal pump

It does 60 gpm

1 Like

I can put you in touch with clients of mine who have been running my membrane skids in a licensed lab for 6 months. No membrane replacements thus far either!

1 Like

Are they really? Compare the price i quoted you to a falling film doing 400 gph… The Trusteel 300 is almost 4x the price of my 8" membrane skid…

1 Like

Cool, you did get back to him! I wasn’t sure if you were notified when I triggered your name in the DM

1 Like