Does anyone travel to process?

I am wondering if anyone out there has a mobile skid and spinner set up that will go to a facility. Extract through an allotted amount of material and go on their way.

Is there such a service, or would anyone do it? And what would that cos per lb of material to have someone just run it crude.

My facility is in Northern Arizona (Winslow) , if you want to know more about the where abouts. If such a service or idea exists

2 Likes

There is a travelling processor in NC. This stuff does exist.

If there isn’t someone local it may be cheaper to ship, process, ship back.

We do processing but out of NC. You should be able to find a closer processor.

1 Like

I know Proverde lab in the New England area does that for CO2 extraction…$15 per gram of extract produced.

I’ve been in the vehicle. Looks like an ambulance.

1 Like

Pro Verde has a Waters SFE, or at least used to. They must charge $15/g to pay off that expensive, terrible investment…

3 Likes

I’ve thought about making a mobile lab in a trailer before. I think I got the idea from some old @future posts. I think those posts is what got me the interest in this site and what @Future is doing in the community.

4 Likes

Apeks has units in trailers you can rent. Pick them up take them to your spot and handle your business. I’m not sure a lot of people that don’t have the funds for equipment or licensing want people coming over.

4 Likes

Wow that’s crazy expensive especially when the market wholesale price for CBD distillate is 1/3 of that or less.

1 Like

I have 5 clients I harvest for with 2x twister t4s. Kinda on the small scale vs what you have in mind.

100/hr is my fee

1 Like

Oh and this is thc for my dispo. There’s 100s of lbs of old ass material that’s only good for hotdog water and I just want to throw it through some spinners and get it gone.

Then work on all the normal “crude” with the crc to disty after all that stuff is caught up

2 Likes

Somewhat, Chimney Rock built a mobile extract lab but it was a shitshow. regularly sat at about 120 because they put all the chillers and compressers inside.

You can have a mobile service, but its really not worth it from what I found. so much easier and safer to have it in a single spot, and have everything delivered.

1 Like

I can get you a low budget crude tek that involves running warm and no winterizing. Dm

1 Like

Isopropyl can be done room temp and not grab fats. It’d just be nifty to rent have a spinner for a few days and just tear through all this nonsense

Why not just buy 2-4x pandas and run in with ethanol. You have tons of alcohol there as I remember you saying. Get some 5gal buckets and a few pandas and you can rip 100-200 a day. Why pay someone to do this when it’s a really easy job to get done if distillate is what your goal is.

1 Like

That’s what I was getting at lol but idk if he can use a panda there? :thinking:

1 Like

With all the gear I feel like you are looking at a whisperwatt and a j box or so for power requirements, which means two trips, or two tow vehicles and daily fuel delivery or some electrical runs that probably won’t be kosher if you use the locations power

Is this worth the cost?

We use the big barrels from uline and an immersion (sp?) spinner. Use isopropyl to extract, at room temperature it won’t grab fats, but has an affinity for chlorophyll. Spin for however long. Then filter it out. Put the remaining material in food grade bags and put in the two pandas we to remove the majority of the alcohol left.

We do this currently. We have ethanol because I clean my equipment with it over isopropyl. I don’t like the smell of it and I would rather have trace amounts of etho than isopropyl. And our kitchen uses it for various reasons. Everyone else here uses isopropyl for cleaning and crude production.

I was just thinking that if someone could come out and spin all of it in one day and we’d be done with it. Then, I can work with the disty guy to get a better crude production schedule.

3 Likes

Evidence? No matter what saturation that crude oil is redissolved in ethanol, at any temperature, will fats precipitate?

1 Like

I’m not at my facility. But he’s been running our disty that way for a little while now. I was completely skeptical about it until I saw it but I guess it works. I will grab a jar next when I get back and throw it in the freezer. Nothing drops out room temp, at all.

After he takes out all the plant particles. He spins the liquor with a little bit of carbon and clay for bit, filter that out. Then push it through a lenticular filter. Roto and lastly spd.

Our room is also about 65f

5 Likes

I’ve heard of many similar processes, but when I get my hands on it, somehow I’m always able to precipitate a healthy quantity of lipids.

I’m curious as to whether ethanol will cause anything to drop out. Also, you need to be saturated at room temp for effective precipitation (I like 8:1-10:1 solvent to oil). What saturation is his solution post-extraction?

He’s saturating it pretty heavy. I think. I can grab a beaker of his next wash and put it in the freezer when I get back. I am and was very skeptical about it at first. But, apparently it’s a thing. I want to see about running it all through the color remediation and send that to disty. The last kitchen oil that I kinda remediated and sent over came back at 82.3% after decarb. So, I think that would be pretty cool to still. I just want to get rid of all the old crap we have so I can get on some other R&D with edibles. I want to make instant coffee pods and pressed thc pills.

2 Likes