Does anybody run or have experience with the Summit SPD-4 MPD Package C or somewhat comparable systems

Im looking for real world production numbers and general notes/concerns from operators on summits 22L systems. Ive ran their 12L system with the old techno mantle and the quality of the glasswork was at least good (i know rocco makes it) but there were quirks I didnt like and the production numbers were never what I had seen advertised or mentioned on social media/here.
Is anybody out there working with these newer HB1 and HB2 heads?
Any input is appreciated ,
thank you,

roji

I have a setup, two actually. Different sizes. Absolutely top notch results on both of those heads. I tried to Lego the shit together and struggled, but when I setup the specified vacuum components and traps as they claimed I started seeing the machines run differently. Don’t hesitate to call them, summit will walk you through anything you need to make sure you are up to par. The owner will pickup the phone at 8 at night in the middle of your run to help you.

Show us your setup, maybe some tim Hortons and the Canadian currency you got back as change

13 Likes

The direct copy s made by the chineese lady are great same quality same distillation speed 1.2L per hour
The chineese don t have the mantel sadly but other than that exelent gear
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

How man L per hour are you seeing ?

Hell for those numbers, he might outta hit up @AlexSiegel and see what he could do on an SS unit like I’ve got! Been tickled to death with mine!

4 Likes

Honestly you can rip treu 2.4L an hour
But you have to know what you are doing to keep a clean disty
Also remember summits gear is 20L and chineese mantels are often 22L
Leaving you with a lot of space between mantel and flask with a horrible heat transfer

2 Likes

@PharmExOregon just taught a class about short path optimization. I’ll bet he can assist.

I can get a variety of speeds.
If the crude is given to me that is really bad the speeds are like half what I’m used to. If the crude is good quality the speeds opperate like normal n highly remediated the speeds increase I think.

I see on a general basis 2-4 liters per hour or more. I don’t have a quality chiller/heater with enough kw heat removal so sadly when I exceed those speeds it isn’t under control. Generally my first pass is around 4 liters per hour. When I’m trying to get it out quick.

There are people who have posted 6-8 liters per hour with those heads. Hobbs/breaking dabs used to run live with those speeds and that wasn’t even his top speed. So it’s hard to deny the speeds and clarity that comes out of those heads. You just need the setups people use to touch those speeds.

Yea that’s not true at all. It’s the other way around. They have 12 and 22. China doesn’t really advertise as 22 unless the seller does. All china is 10 or 20 liter.

In fact I’m pretty sure you don’t have a clue what you are talking about. Even summit older mantles the bowls are extra deep and wrap around the 22l flasks like the tightest winter coat you’d experience. In fact you generally on the older ones have to remove them while hot because they have such a tight clearance for heat transfer. The lab I worked at in washington had a techno mantle and the flask had to be removed once done or it would shrink the bedding slightly too tight around the flask to remove it. The new ones have a silky kevlar like bedding that prevent that from happening as easily.

Not trying to be a sales guy but summit mantles have performed better than any other mantle on the market even with their first edition. I didn’t Wana buy one as I was trying to get by and Frankenstein some older units but I was not disappointed. It was the best decision I ever made.

There’s videos showing this heat transfer efficiency if anyone wants to see how their products work. I don’t see one on the genesis, but as someone who owns two Genesis I can say the new ones are just as good or better. The one thing I like about Genesis is it doesn’t have temp issues when doing low temp terp work. Most others just can’t calculate those pid processes without over ramping.

Here’s a link they made for customers.

1 Like

…unless off course you train them properly.

Autotune; not just so you sound like you’re singing on key…

3 Likes

Ever heard of the special surveillance list? Does Summit provide records of mantle sales to the DEA?

2 Likes

We got one of these 22L Summit systems brand new if anyones interested.
NOS (New old stock)
Deep discount off the MSRP.
Can include startup consult for the right price.
Has the big GVD80 with the diffy pump. Never seen oil yet, pumps are dry.

2 Likes

after running wipers with throughputs upwards of 45L an hour all glass seems like toys.

9 Likes

Whose wipers are doing those numbers? Are they 12” bodies?

1 Like

16" Chinese steel body, custom from toption. Not sure if they are still around or still have them available, finding replacement parts has been troublesome. We have 2 of them. Running custom vacuum skids that have a roughing pump, blower, and very large turbos.

Bloody brilliant systems.

You can expect like 7-10 a hour from a 12" depending on quality of crude and how your vacuum array is configured.

I tried to post a video but it’s too big so here is a screen shot, probably running about 40lph here. First pass. That’s 3/8 hosebarb it’s flowing out of.

13 Likes

DM me if you need parts for the Toption WFE’s.
We’ve got a few in clients hands we still provide support for.
Still have their parts avail.

1 Like

Sure, bud. You must have some amnesia about the issues I’ve reported to you about the techno-heat mantles. Squeaky/weak stir bars and a laughable user interface with mismatched labels. Did you at least fix the labels for the genesis?

Ai mantles work fine and have more heating wattage in the bowl than any other mantle I’ve found on the market. Also at 1/2 the price of the other options and supported by a company that is actually likely to exist in 5+ years.

The techno heat is more directly comparable to something like the USAlabs mantle in wattage and function.

2 Likes

Thanks! Will take you up on that!