DMT & LSD study

Found this interesting for my morning read.

We used to test people on some fun shit

The spectrum of effects produced with single doses of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) in 6 nontolerant human subjects resembled those produced with lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD). Either drug produced an elevation in systolic blood pressure, a decrease in the threshold for the kneejerk, pupillary dilatation, and a mental response characterized by anxiety, perceptual distortions and hallucinations. The onset and duration of action was shorter with DMT (0.5 mg/kg) as compared to LSD (1.5 mcg/kg), but the maximum intensity of effects with respect to each parameter was equivalent for both drugs.

Following the chronic administration of LSD only a mild degree of cross tolerance to the mental response could be demonstrated with DMT (0.5 mg/kg) in subjects highly tolerant to the pupillary, kneejerk, and mental effects of LSD (3.0 mcg/kg).

It is inferred that the site or mechanism which is altered during LSD tolerance is not one which is primarily concerned with the action of DMT.

Being medically tested and measured while tripping on either DMT or LSD sounds like a fucking nightmare

6 Likes

Well, you’re in luck because they went for a double whammy lol

“I know you’re tripping the fuck out but lemme bash your knee with this little hammer and shine this bright ass light in your eyes”

2 Likes

Tripping on shrooms in the hospital sucked.

3 Likes

I had adverse hallucinations on Wellbutrin while in a military weapons/ space manufacturing warehouse and left to the hospital (drove myself).

Hospital couldn’t do shit for me. Was definitely the worst trip ever. Decided if I wanted to quit cigs bad enough I’d do it cold turkey and I did.

1 Like

Switch to chantix and just have the trips in your dreams lol

Just take Magnesium Citrate and you’ll be having some fucked up dreams and dope bowel movements.

I take magnesium daily to help with sleep quality, does the sterate form act differently than like a gluconate formulation?

Citrate* my bad.

Magnesium stearate is bad for a laxative but is good as a filler for medications.

Another positive beautiful thing about cannabis for me: no dream memory I dab and it’s gone. Magnesium and 5htp were things I took after a night on mdma. I do remember the positive impact and should look back into it.

1 Like

I agree with you there. As a chronic sufferer of nightmares the lack of them is a huge benefit for me to cannabis.

2 Likes

I sleep like a baby and can sleep whenever I want. Anti-insomniac

1 Like

Yes, much to the detriment of my weekend afternoons.

1 Like

There are nights where I wish I could dream but I hate how I’m nightmare prone and mine are so fucked up I wake up in tears sometimes. I wake up giving the moaning screams… Full body sweat to the point where a full 24×24 pillow is soaked through.

I also have muscle spasms from tmj and my back and I have a hard time staying asleep because the sound of my breathing pisses me off once I wake up. … There’s no winning but I take anything I get for sleep because it’s good enough for me. Sleep is something that makes me feel like it’s a concept that I can’t grasp well…

I clocked in when I can start falling asleep fully and it takes 3mins and 19 seconds.

1 Like

NGL I am not nightmare prone, but I definitely love just totally clean slate waking up

Last nightmare I had was over a year ago

3 Likes

A buddy of mine has a story of him ~2011, smoking ~200mg JWH isolate off foil while he was on mushies. said it was like a lightning bolt that hit him right in the head.

He went to the emergency room in a panic. They obviously had no idea what to do for him and ended up giving him a bunch of xanax to come down lol

I think that was the last time he smoked spice lol

I smoked K2 right after smoking Cannabis in the public gardens with a group of people I had no idea who they were, a really good friend at the time was with me and thank goodness because I felt like I was having a sideways heart attack with the ground looking like it was exploding with every step. Not ripples but like imagine a giant creature stepping into the ground and you seeing just holes and they’re bringing up rocks.

I was a very wrekless and irresponsible human being but I knew not to do anything like that again and I told everyone after “Fuck K2, unless you wanna die, feel crazy or both.”

1 Like

The heart attack feeling and feeling like I was gonna die is the most memorable about that. I think to myself when I think about that day, that I was seeing things because my heart was palpitating the entire time and that I was potentially just dieing.

1 Like