DLSB troubleshooting

I got a DLSB chiller from USA Lab over a year ago (past warranty) and had the power go out.
When the power came back on the circ pump wasnt turning on and liquid wasnt moving. After taking the panels off and inspecting it, i noticed it was very very hot from just trying to run it for a couple of minutes.
Turned out it was the “capacitor” (not entirely sure if thats the right word) that was malfunctioning.

This piece of cheap junk.:point_up_2:

So we replaced it with this one.:point_down:

It thankfully started working again :pray:
Just wanted to post this just incase someone had the same issue in the future. Imo if u have one of these chillers id replace this thing anyways, seemed like the weakest link besides some thin wires and some wonky electrical tape jobs.

4 Likes

Good looking out man. We ordered ours direct from Lanphan and “knock on wood” they have ran fine with no issues for the past 8 months. Definitely expecting something to go wrong eventually though.

Burnt my lanphan chiller out by running it around -10 for about 72 hours straight. Oh the joys of round the clock rotovaping.

Didn’t get shit for customer service from them. We got delivered incorrect parts after explaining that this specific piece was fried. Took about 3 months to get any parts in and they were not even close to what I needed lol they even sent parts that didn’t even go to the same chiller I had.

2 Likes

Count your blessings lol thats a rarity ime

2 Likes

I linked this in the tricks of the trade section as well.

Great work.

My chiller from lab 1st arrived with the circulation pump dead. I believe it was capacitor as well. We were sent a replacement assembly with pump and capacitor, within 3 weeks, put it together and it worked for about 30 hrs until the refrigerant leaked out from a bad weld. This was supposed to be a brand new machine with 1 year warranty. It was a 400$ repair job for the local HVAC guys, took 3 months to be reimbursed for that but they did finally pay up after a ton of back and forth and store credit offering.