Diy dabs start up

What’s the easiest way to produce on a small scale good dabs?

I just bought a cheap blast tube and figure I need a vac to purge n make bho . Would it be better to just buy or make a rosin press? I know I could use the rosin chips for edibles ect. I just don’t know what the most cost effective route would be.

I’m getting units for 1600 that is testing around 30% . I have a huge bho shatter market n my guy flopped out n got on bad drugs. No one around Baltimore Maryland has wholesale dabs so what would you guys suggest?

I don’t need distillate. I have a few 100 grams still. What can I make with this excellent product??

1 Like

Go the rosin route for safety and a way to build up. Only press flower if it is fresh. If it isn’t fresh, you can always keif it, grade it, and then press it inside of a filter bag to produce some very pretty stuff.

With the rosin route, you can cheap out and live to tell the tale. Once you have enough for a quality closed loop, you could then diversify your offerings to satisfy all those wholesalers :wink:

6 Likes

1 Like

It can be cured bud correct? I feel that I have a great product I took this picture in the pitch black

Cured bud is great for the press. Good moisture content is key

1 Like

Your flower looks great. If you’re not willing to invest around 5k (before materials) in a system you are going to have trouble making any BHO that can compete with the final product that you can make with a rosin press. By all means, play around with moisture content on your bud and see if you can make something you like. Otherwise, you could buy a nice little keif tumbler, build a press, and invest in some good micron bags for around a grand and have a tasty, clean final product.

3 Likes

I don’t know about that, getting into BHO isn’t that difficult or expensive, there’s just a certain level of risk if you do it wrong. If you take all the proper precautions and don’t do anything stupid it’s safe as can be. You can get a good CLS from @Killa12345 for the same price or less than a decent rosin press setup and your product will be far superior (unless you think added waxes and lipids are good in your extract, then go for rosin)

3 Likes

The risks are pretty significant both for safety and legality with BHO… or, at least, in CA. I am all for people getting a BHO system and learning how to create the best, most pure final product. I firmly believe that BHO is a great way of doing this. I didn’t do the purchasing for our setup so I may have shot a little high on price. The stuff sold by @killa12345 looks great for a great price but its not like you can just buy the CLS and be set. You are going to need a solvent tank, recovery tank, nitrogen tank, vacuum oven, and a few other odds and ends… not to mention a private, well ventilated or private outdoor space. All of these things are likely to add quite a bit to the cost. So yeah… maybe you could have some fats and waxes in the mix but you also eliminate virtually all chance of things going boom and cops at the door. That’s why I made the recommendation I did.

3 Likes

If he plays its safe with rosin, he should have enough for a quality closed loop first run, then the pumps and accessories the next run. Then the miners. Then the ovens. He has to treat it like a real business and reinvest or risk stagnation

7 Likes

Now where is the cheapest rosin press?

In your local harbor freight waiting to be made

5 Likes

Bro harbor frieght is my spot what would one rosionoer need

2 Likes

Is there info on that here

And replace the press jack with a 12-20 ton one > $25-40

I used a harbor freight H frame 20ton setup. I also swapped all the OEM hardware for grade 19 hardware. I’ve personally seen what happens to the OEM nuts and bolts.

3 Likes

Hey guys I’m not blown up or in prison. I still haven’t got a cls. I have however treated this like a side business. It’s better that way in a non rec state. I work 40 hrs a week and still move 2 units of flower every 10 days or so. That being said I think I can now devote like 200 or so grams every 10 days for bubble hash. I’ve had flower rosin. I actually got like a 22% yield! I had to use someone else’s press . I loved the end product. It showed me that it has potential for decent yield. I know but bubble hash is a different beast . Are thier any decent bubble hash rigs anyone recommend? Also what kind of yields should I expect for bubble hash. I’m willing to pay for the right consult. Hash rosin in Maryland is like gold and I gotta drive to dc to pay 100@ gram- 120 for hash rosin .

2 Likes

Do you have experience with that unit, or just a quick search?

Be careful posting pics of your fingers, Feds can lift your prints from photos now, and you’re talking about committing illegal acts. Just a heads up man!

4 Likes

That’s a thought! Thanks I appreciate it. With the medical limit I’m allowed the feds would have a hard time. Its legal to process and I can process up to 5 patients at a time , currently. Maryland is not as progressive as California or Colorado by far. I. Just trying to make some good bubble hash or hash rosin.

3 Likes