Distilling reclaim

Do it. And let us know. There are places in this country where that jar would be the best medicine available.
I have filtered reclaim with b80/b81. Came out dark but more clear. I re-dabbed and played around with adding some terps. Smoked fine. But what it really works well for is pain. I’d mix about 5 dabs worth with 1/4 tsp. coconut oil 30 seconds in the microwave cool till it’s safe then down the hatch.

9 Likes

@Midnightoil has it spot on: reclaim capsules with MCT is the way to be.

4 Likes

So did you actually ever end up doing this? I’ve always been curious myself how something like this would turn out.

3 Likes

I have seen a post I think on ic mag, and it was 4 COA’s of reclaim from 25-50ish percents based on how it was prepared ie heated in the rig and poured, mixed with isopropanol, etc…

3 Likes

cries in texan

5 Likes

I think if you clean it up really nicely, balance the pH, go the extra mile and use the powders that don’t have a higher chance of isomerization to D8, use a clean air source for flash chromatography and then dcvc right after… It would be more in the high 50’s maybe 70… But again it would matter more with the material what was in it and then if there was the mix of other cannabinoids being consumed as well as the solvents used to make those and then and then!!! You’d have to even consider fractioning off the D8 that was already consumed which probably would isomerize into a different cannabinoid.

Claim is a butt fuck of what the fuck but hey man… … … Go the extra mile before distilling, always!!!

1 Like

Buddy have you ever ran a flash system?

1 Like

I don’t want to sound stupid but ik that’s impossible sometimes

Isn’t flash chromatography [liquid chromatography in this case] just positive pressure filtering in a column? If it is then I’ve done that plenty of times. But if it isn’t then no I’ve never done flash chromatography…

Ik separation of different compounds is a goal sometimes but I’m guessing that just filtration could be condisered a type of [flash] liquid chromatography.

Using a closed loop to filter a bucket tek mixture at 30psi through different filtration media, is that not chromatography?

No, its not.

You sure? It sounds like it is…

I guess in a sence it’s not because you’re not purifying and isolating but it could be somethwat considered chromatography because of the positive pressure filtration over filter media.

Edit: I don’t see how vacuum filtering over filter media is considered a type of chromatography but using 30psi to winterize a mixture in a column over filter media isn’t… Kinda bums me out, this is whole time I thought I was doing some kind of chromatography when I was positive pressure filtering.

1 Like

I’m an idiot.

1 Like

Your explanation of running reclaim reminded me of this video

9 Likes

Youre not an idiot

The people in cannabis industry who are rebranding their CRC adsorption filtration as chromatography are just misusing the term in order to sell their bleaching clay medias as something they are not…

Standard fuckin cannabiz bullshit

7 Likes

No, you just get too stoked and mix up terms. Probably partially due to what Rowan said.
(Shit, if I tried talking about chromatography I would too, I’m just a layman who can put steel LEGO’s together and grow weed)
Not a big deal. Just take it as a chance to learn. No need to get down on yourself.

10 Likes

Chromatography is precise, requires the seperation of fractions, re running of fractions, and requires systemic and measured method development- consistent and scalable results that are a product of repeated experiments with a highly purified end product are the goals…

Crc is just pushing oils in a solvent through a plug of bleaching medias- extremely disingenuous to label plug filtration as chroma IN MY HUMBLE HAUGHTY ASS OPINIONATED DELIVERY

While yes there have been a lot of really cool advances in plug filtration since the cannaboys have gotten into the practice- it doesn’t make it chroma… its plug.

4 Likes

@Rowan If you use silica in your crc and run it warm you could be doing chromatography by taking measured amounts of solvent and collecting different fractions . @murphymurri has been doing this for a while . Most people do not do this . You could also use cold propane to pull a terp fraction and n butane to pull thca if running silica . There is a whole thread about the different uses of these media and what they can do.

2 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up.

I had a feeling there was something off about that.

I typically think of the ethanol systems when people say flash chromatography. We fractioned THC off with ours. We ran the unit for a year without needing to replace the cartridge they said to replace after each use lol.

2 Likes