Distilling reclaim

yo whats up everyone. i had recently found a mason jar full of reclaim and was wanting to try out a small distillation on it.
has anyone ever distilled reclaim? and what i should expect in return yeild, have 300g to experiment with

2 Likes

Just remember, “Fire in, Fire out”.

2 Likes

well aware of the term, this is just an experiment and for fun
since reclaim is just poorly distilled cannabinoids when people dab im just expecting a higher yeild than regular crude going through distillation

1 Like

It will be high in cbn more than likely but should return a decent % since its kinda like a shitty first pass already

10 Likes

Dude, how the hell did you come into 300g of reclaim?

18 Likes

10 Likes

Never distilled reclaim but I’ve winterized the fuck out of some claim before and it made some decent shatter. I say try it out.

1 Like

probably dabbing way to low temp without a carb cap

3 Likes

I was just about to say it’s most likely gonna come out with a majority of it being CBN.

1 Like

Smoke an oz of concentrates a week and it’ll build up fast, plus so many people tend to pull too hard causing half the dab to go down the stem

4 Likes

Do it. And let us know. There are places in this country where that jar would be the best medicine available.
I have filtered reclaim with b80/b81. Came out dark but more clear. I re-dabbed and played around with adding some terps. Smoked fine. But what it really works well for is pain. I’d mix about 5 dabs worth with 1/4 tsp. coconut oil 30 seconds in the microwave cool till it’s safe then down the hatch.

9 Likes

@Midnightoil has it spot on: reclaim capsules with MCT is the way to be.

4 Likes

So did you actually ever end up doing this? I’ve always been curious myself how something like this would turn out.

3 Likes

I have seen a post I think on ic mag, and it was 4 COA’s of reclaim from 25-50ish percents based on how it was prepared ie heated in the rig and poured, mixed with isopropanol, etc…

3 Likes

cries in texan

5 Likes

I think if you clean it up really nicely, balance the pH, go the extra mile and use the powders that don’t have a higher chance of isomerization to D8, use a clean air source for flash chromatography and then dcvc right after… It would be more in the high 50’s maybe 70… But again it would matter more with the material what was in it and then if there was the mix of other cannabinoids being consumed as well as the solvents used to make those and then and then!!! You’d have to even consider fractioning off the D8 that was already consumed which probably would isomerize into a different cannabinoid.

Claim is a butt fuck of what the fuck but hey man… … … Go the extra mile before distilling, always!!!

1 Like

Buddy have you ever ran a flash system?

1 Like

I don’t want to sound stupid but ik that’s impossible sometimes

Isn’t flash chromatography [liquid chromatography in this case] just positive pressure filtering in a column? If it is then I’ve done that plenty of times. But if it isn’t then no I’ve never done flash chromatography…

Ik separation of different compounds is a goal sometimes but I’m guessing that just filtration could be condisered a type of [flash] liquid chromatography.

Using a closed loop to filter a bucket tek mixture at 30psi through different filtration media, is that not chromatography?

No, its not.