DISTILLATION WITH Acetone crude - some help

Thank you for the helpful info!!

What should cannabinoidcrystalize solution pH test at?

Thca is the acitic. Form so around 6 +_ 0.5 ph
Cbd is not acitic anymore so 6.5 +_ 0.5
Ph
But My guess is that @Photon_noir has more exact numbers

2 Likes

Are you talking about their dissociation constants (pKa) in water solution? They’re practically unreadably tiny.

Help Update!!! A turn for the worst…smh

So Clay washed and Charcoal washed the distallite at 100c in Ethy … roto vaped the the ethy alch off and its darker then when it started clarity is gone.

I dont know what to do.

Usually we start off with great material…never encountered this…this run has been a nightmare…

So guys what am i doing next !? Running it thought my POPE WFE again?

Normal Runs

1 Like

How fine of filtration did you use after carbon scrubbing?

1 Like

You need a filter aid to remove the carbon efficiently. Dont distill it like that or you will get isomerization.

How did you wash in ethanol at 100 c? Was it boiling like crazy?

No worries it’s probably charcoal, try using Celite 545 or bentonite bed about 2 inch thick. Wet the clay with same solvent you’re using.

4 Likes

First i mixed it in a stainless bucket and mixing gun then i fed it into the my roto vap at that temp with my chiller turned off and mixed it in there… after 20-30min we fed it through our pump into my filtration system with a 5um stainless frit. (Beaker n wrench filtration system)

Then took that put it back in the roto vap and removed al the alch and thats what im with… its not black it looks dark in the pic but still very dark.

Its not Charcoal i assure you or clay. Its filtered properly.

1 Like

A proper scrub is 60-80°C for 30-60 minutes. Higher can lead to isomerization. Further, I hear a nonpolar solvent works far better. Heptane perhaps.

What should i do now… im in
a time crunch and i have 7liter of this… i need to salvage asap

5 micron doesn’t cut it pal, you need 0.5 micron to remove carbon powder. Add a filter bed on top of your steel frit, just like in the beaker and wrench SOP

1 Like

It could or could not be carbon. You can in fact remove carbon with a filter paper depending on what brand it is. Not all carbon is created equal. I have removed carbon with a grade-6 filter paper no problem. Filter media would help make sure of course.

Iv carbon scrubbed with same filter and same carbon… same process manytimes nothing new. I really dont think its carbon.

create a bed of silica topped with a layer of bleaching earth and a layer of carbon. filter through while dissolved in heptane repeatedly. @TheLostBiologist may be able to chime in here.

If i smear it on paper right now its pretty gold …

I think this is a different effect. I have noticed some times dissolving distillate in ethanol causes instant darkening of the solution, which further distillation cannot remediate. I never did determine what caused this because I just stopped doing it. It might be a pH effect. Never occurs with alkanes.

So im screwed basically lol .

I believe alchemist may be suggesting you pull the thc from the ethanol into hexane or other alkane