distillate to CBN??

He said he had multiple. 2l, 5l, 10l. Maybe bigger?
I can ask him before he knows there is an issue so i can find out the path the oil took. I like the “too big” theory you had. A small amount of oil in a big still would probably be hard to regulate

1 Like

Licensed?

Because it’s hard to imagine wrecking distillate that badly as a one off, and hard to imagine a licensed operator not getting feed back from a 3rd party lab in the last 4 years…

Edit: as @FranzVon pointed out, labs do make mistakes…so it is also possible that the wrecked distillate belongs to someone else.

3 Likes

I live in Canada, so no liscenses yet. That will be coming in the next 12-24 months. So its kind of the wild west up here as to guarantees or any real form of legitimacy.
The lab is the best up here, but will for sure be checking in with them for the graphs and info.
Here is hoping that the oil is someone else’s, but it is probably a long shot.

2 Likes

You shoud let me vet these scumbags!

Jesus lets calm down man. I hope your joking. Its one test result. Even if you are joking that type of “comedy” shouldn’t be on here. I don’t want to see this become the next DPR (silkroad reference).

2 Likes

Here’s my guy, one problem he is addicted to nitrous oxide…and he moonlights as a dentist…:smile:

1 Like

I ran into this once, it was concluded that it was poorly made distillate. It turned deep red very fast aswell.

here is the lab tech response from my situation

Hi Tom,

Ross said you had called earlier and had some questions about one of your samples. If you are referring to the one around 5% d9THC, then it is something that we have seen many times before with distillates. Essentially, what happens is that there are other compounds being created in the sample, compounds that we cannot measure for. We were able to rule out d8THC as one, but there are many other isomeric versions of THC/CBN that could have been created. If you would like to discuss this further, please give me a call at XXXXXX.

-Jon

1 Like

Lighten up a bit Franz. I will pick my own way of speaking and making jest. You are not appointed political correct officer as far as I know and the world would be a little better off without it, eh?

Don’t pick a fight with me dude. :sunglasses:

Do you know how the distillate was made so poorly? It could give insight on how @Finnjynx lab screwed up.

1 Like

I had the same results once
IT wasn t the lab iT was an acid
In My case H2SO4 that did the damedge
Another time this result came up was poor vacuüm while distilling
To small pump for the proces
On a 2 L flask i had a good deep vacuüm No leaks but the bumps were to many to big and the pump needed to long to catch up
Hope the batch wasn t to big :relieved:

O one more thing
My friends ended up smoking those batches having a good time dooing so
So don t throw them away😃

2 Likes

I was about to say, CBN isn’t trash! People pay good money for CBN capsules and other supplements. Just might not be ideal vape fodder!

3 Likes

It’s really easy to make mistakes at a lab. I’d be surprised if you bring it up to the lab manager he won’t voluntarily retest.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how the hell did sulfuric acid end up in there?? :open_mouth:

1 Like

@Roguelab is chemist
His delta 9’s no more
For what he thought was ethanol
Was H2 SO4

:blush:

9 Likes

Rithm and rime😂

https://www.cyut.edu.tw/~ijase/2005/IJASE%203-2-1.pdf
This article and goulds mechlaum isomerization sop
Killed a half liter of destillate😢
O Well now YOU all. Know how not to do iT :grinning:

1 Like

Hi there!
Everyone here is saying lab messed up. Although possible the chemistry behind these cannabinoids can tell a different tale. THC will naturally decompose to CBN. I know from experience that if you perform a reflux reaction on a THC oil at a certain temperature you can convert all of the d9 to d8 or CBN depending on temps. THC can decompose from UV light exciting the pi bonds within the compound, oxidation from interaction with air, and heat. You may just need to rework your method. Congrats though! Good luck!

Care to give a sop on these reactions?
Always eager to learn the Many paths that lead to Rome :laughing:

1 Like