Distillate Recrystallizing

I made some some distillate that was 90% total cannabinoids, then used all of it to make flavored distillate cartridge oil, coming at 80% total cannabinoids using a flavor blend (botanical terpenes) that I have no issues with in the past. I noticed the oil recrystallizing, so I looked at the test results again and noticed that it had 22% d10-THC. Is this what is recrystallizing in my oil? There is also 2% CBN and no other cannabinoids detected. The color of the distillate was a very light yellow and now its is a very light yellow with tiny crystals floating in it, and it looks like they float on the distillate since there is more towards the top of the oil which is several inches thick.

Something was in your flask when you distilled that nuked your load.

2 Likes

not sure I follow you…

how many COA’s do you have?

you took 90% TAC, diluted to 80% TAC

let it sit, now it’s at 24% TAC?
…but you learned this by looking at the COA again?!?

3 Likes

I have 3. Its at 80% TAC 22% d10 58% d9

1 Like

so by

you presumably mean you retested it/had it retested?

was the D10 called out in the first two tests?

1 Like

Yeah there was d10 in all the tests. Does d10 crystalize?

1 Like
3 Likes

Any idea what “nuked” my oil? I got some BHO from the extractor processing some new material. I winterized it in ethanol, and used a paper filter that is labeled “slow” to remove solids. I processed the winterized infused ethanol with a rotovap, decarbed, then distilled the winterized crude oil.

1 Like

I would say chances are it was running through CRC and got contaminated.
Next time try to wash it before running it through any heat process.

1 Like

Not made from this (or last) seasons Nor Cal harvest is it?

We (re)learned of D10 via phoscheck.
Which is a fire retardant…

See: Delta 10 THC

6 Likes

Some sort of plant reaction to the retardant.

Ignoring the giants on whom’s shoulders we are perched huh?

The fuck it was…

4 Likes

Hell no Cyclo!!! You are my ace 1 until thee day!!! I was googling and wanted to add,lol. I’m not a slouch but I’m humbled!!! Salute Jedi!!!

3 Likes

Has anyone done a standalone test with phoscheck vs sulfur?

I’ve heard conflicting opinions on whether or not phoscheck will cause it

1 Like

This is indoor. Maybe something else like Sulfur. I’m not sure what converts it.

1 Like

Could be. CRC media making into your boiling flask would also be on the list.

1 Like

How do you clean your glassware?

I have had this issue and converted 20L of good D9 into around 50-60% D10. The flower that was extracted had high levels of sulfur.

When you were distilling, did you have a slightly stronger odor? If so that would indicate sulfur, which happened in my run.

Also had issues with CRC, yet this media only converted D9 into D8.

Our solution was to add in copper when doing our winterization to remove any sulfur.