Distillate Question

I get like 1.5mg of d8 from my strains in my runs.

No magic dirt, I dont believe in magic.
Lol

I posted 2 of my lab results on here if you have time to s e a r c h for it.

1 Like

I would guess what op has there is a conversion though.

2 Likes

Comment edited after going OT on the search button.

Thanks y’all

Who’s gonna toss up the iv bag or spoon pic?

And go

Hit that search bar up there. It has a plethora of info.

2 Likes

I still have yet to see D8 in any tested cannbis I have come across. Only time I see it in my distillate is if I messed up. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I am not convinced that the levels of D8 you experience in your distillate aren’t from isomerization.

Even @MagisterChemist, who has run thousands of tests and run an accredited cannabis testing lab, has only seen it in flower in trace amounts. To get 2-3% D8, you have to have 0.3% or better present in the flower. You have tests on the flower that show that? (Not asking for a COA. Your word is more than sufficient)

Extracted and distilled with greater than trace D8 implies (to me) that there is something going on with your process. Acidic conditions can also cause isomerization, not just adding catalysts. Still not convinced it is biosynthesized by the plants. My hypothesis is that the conversion is happening post harvest, across the board.

@Demontrich, this one may need a shovel.

3 Likes

3.5ph etoh may be the cause of mine.

2 Likes

That would be my guess.

It’s still a trace amt, I’m not too worried.

5l total made this way, zero complaints or issues.

4 Likes

0.0015% isn’t exactly something to write home about. Haha

1 Like

Did you see my old lab tests? I dont remember the #s

You’re welcome. You got off easy, too! That could have gone south rather quickly. We appreciate you hitting the search. If you weren’t sure what a conversion is, the liklihood of you getting roasted is pretty high.

And @Demontrich, I did not. I’ll see about looking for them if I don’t forget. Haha

2 Likes

Last time we discussed this, I believe @MagisterChemist confirmed he’s seen .1-.2% in flower samples.

.15% in my ibl sour diesel cut

1 Like

Not denying you are seeing it. Just challenging (in a friendly way) why it is there.

1 Like

I’ll save digging through old COA’s as I’m sure @MagisterChemist’s confirmation is worth a couple coa’s and will probably take a lot less time to find😂

2 Likes

I distinctly remember this conversation from another time, and yes @MagisterChemist confirmed that he has seen it in trace amounts in flower. Same numbers that were posted
+/-1-3%

1 Like

I’ve seen this happen with a number of variables - with the primary cause being degradation via dwell time with heat and vac.

If this was done in an SP for a long time - it’s possible to have degradation into D8, CBN, and D10 (or 6a10a, but everyone calls it D10 even though D10 has 4 different compounds in its make-up).

Again, under heat & vac for a long time (such as doing a 16 hour run in a 20L) can absolutely degrade D9 into D8. I have seen this numerous times with different variables - but the constant is always dwell time with heat under vac.

2 Likes

so there are downstream consequences…

whew!!

1 Like

is this a reference to chilling etoh with dry ice??

yes sir.

2 Likes