What to do with Kief?

press it into rosin then decarb and use in edibles or just fill syringes with the rosin and dose like rso. doesn’t have to be light colored either way, use a 37 or 72 micron bag tho

1 Like

I used to use all my di shaken or bubble hash for rosin pressing. It was all from my t4 twister (machine trim). I got decent light color.

Separating larger amounts of kief in bubble bags with water does not work well, clogs and cloggedy clog!

Not really optimizing their current ethanol extraction => distillate pipeline, but a valid use for machine trimmer “kief” if OP is in the business of giving away meds to those in need.

Very good info to know, and if my experiments turn out the way I imagine they will, I will bring it up to my boss and see what he says.

Yeah, and you can throw dry ice in your ethanol without downstream consequences too.

I dunno why you’re special.
I just accept it :man_shrugging:

I wasn’t running the trimmer, and don’t know what model. I did attempt both squish and eho. Both were best described as black, although it was a very green lookin black.

3 Likes

If its freshly harvested it should yield a light colour milled or no milled kief I would guess keeping it in 25-37micron or even both backs same time, however a single pass over silk screens would properly clean the color alot fresh or not, should be frozen right after drying or get a trip in a freeze dryer.

Just a wee old kief will always be dark.

2 Likes

Dry sift and bubblehash (small amounts, otherwise like said above: clogs) are the only low-tech solutions I can think of, and both would be mediocre at best if material isn’t fresh.

1 Like

well then…

Ye very small amounts at a time I learned haha, keeping the kief in the water, and keeping it cold for a while will also clean up the colour a bit, pour clean water over until clear. Water cure, but would be best to dry freeze then or loose some effectiveness in the drying process.

That if if succeed in water filtration i did not haahah worst shit I ever get me into just wanting to go to bed throw it out of 2nd floor

1 Like

does it have a separate “kief” bag. I’m referring to the contents of that bag. it’s mostly broken plant material. I can certainly see taking the trim, and making kief that extracts just fine. because it’s actually kief!!

Both a wee and week will work in that sentence I guess :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

This material is a year old, as an example of how dark things get. Def not sexxy.

3 Likes

For just a weeweek old kief only way is clean by dry sifting and sell it as clean sift, or distillate in my book. I would rather want to dry sift older buds aswell instead of bubble.

Mix with 5-10% live resin or use htfe or something, cannaterps make nice hash aswell if wanna soup it up a bit

I’m the mf’n unicorn! For some reason it just works. I’m not sure why, but I ain’t complaining!

And yes di, directly in my etoh. 3.5ph etoh, and still bang out 92% light gold disty.

1 Like

I shook all trim (mixed strains, ZERO sprays on the t4). I’ve posted pics of my squishes on here in the past. I’d have to dig deep on my phone to find those pics. Granted flower presses yielded lighter rosin.

Di shook kief on a mirror using 120micron bags. Shake until you just see a color change, then stop. Fill 25 micron bags 7g full. Played set to 225*, lower press to just squish, hold 2 mins, squish at 75% power for 1 min, squish 90% power at 1min, raise plates, scoop. Enjoy

Depends on how the kief is handled first. I’ve had good results when I make sure to keep the heads from greasing by throwing them in the freezer in a mason jar ASAP. If the heads start to “grease” by melting and fusing together then yes, it will clog.

Doesnt apply that much for sjitty kief that dont melt Together in first place, with water my bags clogged do bad i only ridiculous little through agitating as crazy as i could

My was 160my dry ice outdoor kief shaked to bits

How did you manage/store the kief afterr you processed it?

Dry ice extracted kief generally picks up a good amount of water to due to condensation with really cold temps and a humid environment which can cause the kief to cake up (grese and dry) even with lots of contaminate (non dissolving weed matter). Did you look at the kief under microscope before extracting?

My point is that plant matter can always be separated from the tricomes if handled properly.

If your bags were getting clogged with intact trichomes then you need more stages with your filtration or they probably got warm and melted together somewhere in the process

yea decarbed rosin is definitely top notch meds

@Cazam564 i usually just throw some kief in with my trim(maybe 100g kief per kilo trim) and mix it up if I’m going to only do etoh soaks. definitely needs more filtration tho

there’s better uses for kief imo