Distillate infused choclate bar manufacturing

Hey community I am compiling information on making my own line of infused chocolate bars. I sell almost 500 a week for other guys tthat dont give me what I am worth in my eyes. I have the liters of diss I just need some definitive information about certain insight. If anyone could help. Id like to make 300mg chocolate bars.

1 Like

If you need some calculation help I’m well versed in dosage & infusions.

2 Likes

What do you need. I have a lot of inforamtion about manufacturing cannabis products. Dont make the same mistake i did and buy equipement that is too big. I have a 450lb tempering machine and 125lb tempering machine from savage brothers. They come with electrical pump for accurate dosing.

If you doing 500 a week then you can just settle on a 30lb tempering machine. It will he the packaging that hold you up most. When I was at those volumes I primarily relied on foil paper and sticker look which for me doesnt cut it.

The first piece of advise i will tell you is too get you own custom molds made. The 12 piece chocolate bar mold that everyone and their mother uses should be avioded at all costs. Get ypur own packaging that looks good so people will identify with your brand. If you start getting up to 10x these volumes I would consider a flow wrapper.

If you need to more about dosing I would look at my other post

13 Likes

Much appreciated. Im abiut to go to this lobster fest. Talk later? Id love to get some more information from you about some things. I appreciate all your time.

Yes to the testing each new batch … accurate dosing makes things easier. I been making choc bars in the uk for a few months, going down very well, i’m still a micro business, but think i’ve created a nice little 250mg product.

Foil from china, printed own labels at home, although will be getting them printed online now i’ve got the labels looking how I want (might add some allergy advice though).

6 Likes

Wow those savage brothers machines are beasts. Do you have any opinion on the smaller scale, say chocovision spinning bowl tempering machine, like a 9lb or bigger revolation

https://www.amazon.com/ChocoVision-Revolation-Chocolate-Tempering-Capacity/dp/B00ID0N8G2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=chocovision&qid=1568576615&s=gateway&sr=8-1

vs an alibaba spinning disk tempering machine? something along these lines:

So it really comes down to what your needs are. For me the 30lb unit ended been the best fit and we just bought a second one to double production.

30lb ×454g is 13620g
If your bars are say 40g thats 340.5 bars. For me it was best becuase evan if you fill it half then that 170 bars whis if our friend above is doing 500 then he can do a a runs in a day if you prep the temperer in the morning.

We went for chocovision and are bery happy. We went had the dispenser that is like a cork screw but we cot rid of that and go rhe upgraded one. Just make sure to weigh the bars are the end becuase you are hand pouring which means each bar will be plus or minus 5g which will effect your dosing.

If you are looking for good chocolate I can advise there.

2 Likes

I’m super small scale. I use a crock pot and arduino to temper chocolate. Needs to be manually stirred…

2 Likes

What would you advise for chocolate that I wouldn’t have to temper?

compound chocolate doesn’t require temper but it doesn’t have the nice sheen or snap that real chocolate has

Ok so what would you recommend if was going to temper?

depends what your trying to achieve but anything from callebeault is always a winning bet

Hey proendo I had a few questions as I just bought this machine and was wondering if i could pay for a few minutes of your time.

Unfortunately I cant dm on this forum since i started a new account.

Sure thing. Please text me to scheudle a call. Thanks
Luke 857-264-7799