Distillate in gummies

Yeah, that would be my expectation.

And the reasoning behind

cyclopath always two steps ahead of everyone else :sunglasses:
i love it

1 Like

nah, it only looks that way cause I go in circles…

:shushing_face:

6 Likes

Hi. I’ve been doing R&D with 190 corn alcohol ethyl and distillate, then applying to gummies. I’m doing a 60/40 blend Disti to ethyl. 20ul. I let cure for 24 hours, even adding heat. Still the strong bitter alcohol taste iis present on not “evaporated off” any advice? Should it cure longer? Higher heat? Is it necessary to cover the gummy with sugar? I can’t figure it out. Thanks in advance

Yes store bought. I’m using non denatured food grade alcohol too

Is edipure still a thing?

1 Like

I doubt it.

1 Like

People have been trying to tell you (maybe in too many words) that the bitter taste probably is NOT the alcohol but is instead the flavor of the disty. It is naturally going to be bitter.

3 Likes

I never considered it could be the disti. I’m playing around with a hemp conversion liter bc it’s cheap. Thank you. I’ll look into this more

1 Like

:thinking:

You were asked quite explicitly “are you SURE it’s the alcohol?”

Followed by

You then spent another 20 days on “R&D” without doing the very simple tests to address that question?

:man_shrugging:

Have you tasted your extract? ANY extract?!?

Have you tried pipetting JUST alcohol? (Why not?!?)

Do you understand that “mix distillate with ethanol” is aimed at folks making gummies from scratch? It boils off during cooking…

The lazy ones will melt, dose, and recast store bought…

Pipetting the dose on the outside is always going to leave a bitter spot. It is also orders of magnitude less scalable.

3 Likes

As it turns out you’re correct. Thank you so much for your help.

Does that mean you finally tasted your extract?

Maybe start here:Gummy thread (this isn’t it! links inside)

Hint: which might not be in there; root beer/sarsaparilla flavor is one of the go to’s for masking the bitter cannabis taste that comes with most extracts.

2 Likes

Hey pal, don’t blame me

@cyclopath is the one who said it first

1 Like

Go visit Edible Appreciation Thread -Show your work!

Ask folks in there if the source/taste of the extract matters…or if they would consider dosing individually on the outside of their creations…

3 Likes

I suggest you contact @7Leaf or @Fusion they both offer converted D9.
I’ve used both to make gummies. They turn out just fine.

@cyclopath is showing you chocolate, and it can hide bitter extremely well.

2 Likes

Is that a vote for “the source (taste) of your extract matters”?

An invitation to join the scratch made gummy gang??

I can certainly state that I did not taste the cannabinoids in the sample you sent my way.

Edit: You did catch that @Rich isnt making gummies?

1 Like

Source material matters forsure. Ive yet to find CBD Isolate that isn’t bitter in a gummy. The invitations to the scratch gummy gang was sent out years ago. And no I didn’t realize what he was doing exactly. @Rich thats not a good way to do this.

1 Like

Thanks again everyone for your input. The Hemp Disti is the source of the bad taste.It was a D9 conversion I was given. Gross

I use distillate and silicone pucks that I put into the freezer for 6 minutes during the cooking process. Then I pop the solid distillate pucks into the fire mixer at the end of the process. If I’m using distillate that also has CBD and CBN isolate mixed in, I heat them in a double boiler then pour out what I can and rinse the jars with the flavoring which has alcohol in it and helps release the rest of the distillate from the jar.

Hey @MillerliteRN , Any way we could have a private chat. Was wondering if you could assist us with some consulting here in South Africa