Distillate honey/ corn syrup

Did you use a homogenizer to get the particle size down? Might provide an end product that doesn’t seem as seperated

1 Like

Didn’t have a homogenizer at the time, but I don’t think it would help much. It would get the particulate size down, but you would still be left with the issue that thc doesn’t dissolve in honey. I should of infused a small amount of coconut oil and blended that into the honey, that way the thc actually had a fat to bind with

1 Like

Fair enough

I’m sorry that it didn’t work for you. I hope you didn’t waste much. I don’t have any problem with it but I’ve been making it for years. Over the course of time I have run into some of those issues and learned my way around them. It’s much easier if it’s just being used in recipes. It doesn’t have to be pretty to blend in with other ingredients and it will make great marzipan. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC)

1 Like

thats what i figured! my first test run i did nothing but disty & honey…went right off the homogenizer very well mixed and close to 200 F into the rest of the ingredients! it may not have remained stable for long once cooled but for a recipe it was quite successful.

next time for a more stable product i think ill try with lecithin…or maybe some food grade MCT may be good enough

it made some fantastic marzipan for sure!!

2 Likes

Can you go into more detail about measurements for honey distillate and honey, distillate, sunflower lecithin?

I found a recipe somewhere, but I’ve lost it in the 2 days it took for me to get my magnetic stirrer hot plate

Interesting please explain this process

I never use lecithin in my honey. It’s not needed since honey is a natural emulsifier on its own. Using another one with it will help keep it suspended but then you lose the translucence normally associated with honey. You’ll get more of a whipped honey especially with something like mct.

You can’t expect distillate to incorporate into the honey very well on its own. Those don’t mix very well so all you’ll get is a suspension that is going it leave a waxy film on your teeth That works fine if using it for recipes where you just need to get it dispersed but you don’t want that if you’re using it in your coffee or tea.

You need something that will dissolve the distillate or bho so the cannabinoids interact on more of a molecular level, binding to the honey instead of just being suspended in it. That solvent is high proof ethanol which is then completely evaporated off, leaving the cannbinoids behind whether it’s distillate, bho or tincture. It remains stable for months.

Your magnetic hot plate is a great tool for honey made this way. The key is keeping the honey actively stirred and the magnetic stirrer sure makes that job easier. However, the heat is going to cause it to lose moisture so it’s important to top it off with some fresh honey. Raw honey is not really good for this process because of the heat needed so now I just use commercial honey.

Measurements are really up to you however you make it. Decide how you’re going to dose it. Because it’s so thick you won’t be able to dose it by ml or other small scale so something like a teaspoon would be more appropriate and you can calculate that by weight easily as well. A tsp of honey weighs 7g and there are 48 tsp per cup/339g. Calculate that up with your total mg of distillate and you’re all set. I wouldn’t be able to comment on how much lecithin to use.

1 Like

Just fyi, unless you know the bee keeper, your honey is probably counterfeit and diluted with other sugars.

2 Likes