Distillate came out looking like elmers glue

Do an alkaline beam test for a quick reality check…

needless to say d9 will not crystalize so the majority of this cannot be d9.

I would also try melting some and seeing what color it melts into and then see if it solidifies again. how fast did it solidify?

6 Likes

Lean in, my friend! In a world of chads, wooks and hustlers, testing will always have your back.

8 Likes

Looks alot like this cbg @BrotanicalMatt called it via dm I was thinking pandemic speshyweshy.

9 Likes

Very interesting stuff u have here can’t wait to see when you find you what it is .presenting the all new elmers cbd glue xD

1 Like

Would be funny if you just managed to make high quality CBD product and you’ve just never done that before.

Hopefully this is just a happy little accident :man_shrugging:

1 Like

CBG would be a happy accident for sure.

1 Like

my guess would’ve been that you got a lot of water into the miscella that you were rotovapping (it looks like a louche test)… until you said that it was completely solid. Your crude looked pretty good too. Not sure what to tell you. Keep us posted and good luck.

1 Like

Any chance your crude was melted isolate? I’ve melted isolate then redistilled and it cools chalky. Looks similar.

Unless you’ve got a market for Elmer’s glue, you’re gonna need a CoA to move this.

CBG would certainly be best case. CBD seems like an outside possibility. No clue what our other options are….

2 Likes

I’ve run a couple thousand liters of CBD and never had it look like glue. I may have missed the part where CBD distillate is supposed to look like glue. I understand crystallizing, but never have i seen the white frothy look.

2 Likes

Ok, I must have missed op saying it was frothy. Sorry only trying to help.

1 Like

Neither have I

Any of those thousands of litres use BHO as the input?

I don’t know that it’s been explicitly stated, but my guess is that @Frostytubes used hydrocarbons and CRC on the crude.

Which should lead to a lighter colored distillate than most hemp ops achieve.

Where did you get “frothy”?

You don’t see the resemblance between

And

3 Likes

He also said it was completely solidified, so that to me would contradict the frothy statement.

4 Likes

Kinda looks like those pics of d10 crystallizing in converted liters

Maybe move it across state lines as plywood glue?

Then you won’t need a COA

I have used CBD bho and it doesn’t look like that after distillation.

2 Likes

I was thinking water until he said it solidified… now I’m with the CBG crew. Someone screwed the pooch on the genetics.

2 Likes

Looks like d10 from fire retardant biomass. How was it extracted? What happens if you try to crash it like CBD?

3 Likes

Not an unreasonable guess…although that would be one hell of a conversion rate.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it done accidentally and it looked very similar. Only seen it from CO2 extractors that decarb the biomass prior to extraction on material contaminated with fire retardant.

3 Likes