Distillate came out looking like elmers glue

Yoo, so for the past 3 years I have used the same methods and running practices as I always have. For the past 3 years I havent had a single issue with any of my runs or distillate. ( and we run about 100 lbs of dry material a day ). when i ran the material into oil, i noticed a very heavy smell of sulfur, even though the company swears up and down they didnt use any.

So I decided to run the oil into distillate. broke it down, de waxed after -80c freezer twice, then sent to Roto. When i was done with this run all of my material looked liked fucking Elmers Glue.

HEELLPPPPPP MEEE PLEASE, i just want to understand whyy this happened.

1 Like

Pictures are worth 1k words!

4 Likes

3 Likes

And that is distillate?

2 Likes

The jar on the left is my crude. The white gross shit came out of that.

This appears to be the Pandemic Special.

42 Likes

Take a wire (or any copper) and just suspend it in your crude, and if it turns black there is definitely sulfur in there and you need to remediate it

11 Likes

@Photon_noir can you explain what I am looking at here? I have never seen anything like that.

OP you don’t have pics of it running, do you? Was it transparent before it cooled or was it always opaque?

3 Likes

It was transparent before it turned white

2 Likes

Is there any kind of sulfurish rotten eggish kind of smell?

1 Like

I do not have pictures of the run in progress unfortunately

1 Like

You sure it was THC biomass? What happens if you melt a few grams back down?

was it transparent and mostly water clear?

6 Likes

Tons of nasty sulfer smell. Normally I don’t get that pulled over.

1 Like

Positive about the biomass. I ran both sides

1 Like

it is solidified or still a thick oleresin oil like substance?

1 Like

Completely solidified

Care to elaborate further?

I have a feeling its cbd

6 Likes

Looks like fatty (appearance, I read you dewaxed) crashed cbd distillate to an extreme!

Wow what a picture.

Send for testing for sure.

Coconut oil?

Damn perplexing.

3 Likes

Do you have an income coa for the material? Any access to testing?

2 Likes

You’ve definitely got carry over… You should be pretty harsh with the growers and tell them that it would have been easier for you to remediate it if they would have just been fucking honest in the first place…

However it can be remediated, and there are a couple threads on how to do it here if you just search with the proper search terms

2 Likes