Dissolving thc in Butane

Im trying to dissolve thc in a diamond miner with butane , its been about 24 hours have 2000 gs of thc with roughly 4lbs of butane at 50C and theres still a good amount of powder in the bottom of the miner any suggestions on how to break it down?

You are going to need more solvent. 4lbs is roughly 1800g of butane, there is no way you are dissolving thc into less thca a 1:1 ratio.

12 Likes

gotta assume you mean THCA, not THC if it is a powder.

sk8nmidget has it bang on. if you have access to it, dissolving in much more butane (say 5x the amount of thca) is going to be way faster than your method. Dissolve 5:1, then let some butane evaporate until you hit the sweet spot, then stop the evaporation.

1 Like

As you have discovered, thca isn’t all that soluble in butane… Butane works but no theory! A few dozen hints

Depending on where/how you got your starting material, you may have something that is even more resistant to solubilization (Search results for 'Fast crash' - Future4200)

3 Likes

I did , but which one…can you give me a better hint…
??

2 Likes

Hint: OP is trying to dissolve “thca” in butane. I was quoting you, and aiming question/suggestion at @Dabology

:shushing_face:

1 Like

Have you tried giving miner a swirl. I usually dissolve in my collection and swirling solution around helps

In your collection you can agitate by blowing smoke up its ass if you’ve got a pour spout.

It’s still gonna take better that 1:1 to get it dissolved ime

@Dabology (or the next one who finds this) might benefit from the entire Re-dissolve BHO for CRC thread

3 Likes

Open it up to recovery and allow the butane to boil. the rapid boil will agitate the thca and assist in redissolving. you will need to add more tane as the process progresses.
I did a detailed write up with some pics last time i did this. it may help answer your questions

https://discord.gg/cmzM5ud7

Your ratios seem off, as someone posted above.

Getting THC to dissolve into butane is not as easy as many think. It’s no where near alcohol and will require some heat and agitation to do quickly. Cold boiling works, but it’s not as efficient as one would think.

When testing the FFE for hydrocarbons, I had a hell of a time quickly dissolving isolated and blended cannabinoids into a proper ratio of hydrocarbon blends. Set the jacket at 90F and agitate if possible. It may still take time though, it’s not the fastest solution you can make in the lab, that’s for sure.

Best of luck!

As @cyclopath said, recover the outlet with a solvent pump and push that vapor up through the pour spout. recirculate and you dont need to add more butane as you recover.

3 Likes