Dirt/soil in trim?

methanol Is on order! Super excited for the whole room temp Dewax… have you tried doing a cold dewax after the room temp? Did you find any wax’s in it?

1 Like

let me know how it goes using methanol. I’m going to be winterizing quite a few liters pretty soon with limited freezer space. It would be nice to use methanol instead. :+1:

Using methanol.
Is it the same steps as using etoh?

1 Like

I did a warm filter then put it in the freezer for 3days and nothing else came out

1 Like

Have you attempted to add a flocculant to the solution to cause the dust to settle at the bottom of the container? @Intergalactic

1 Like

have you considered adding more dirt?

I haven’t tried adding DE to sock filters, and it may not work in a sock unless you’re also spinning it in a fuge.

do you have a buchner around?
http://future4200.com/search?q=buchner

access to magic dirt?
http://future4200.com/search?q=depth+filter
http://future4200.com/search?q=filter+aid

3 Likes

Currently filtering through 545 as we speak in my crc column! The diaphragm pump isn’t enjoying it at all… and isn’t de actually fossils :wink: . 545 in a sock I believe to be the most infective way to do. You’d have to fill the entire and by doing that you just lost the purpose of the sock, surface area! So we’re in agreement there!

2 Likes

No I would be afraid of how it could react in the spd

Amazing!

It doesnt take much t5 to cause the effect of floccuation. And if you decide to siphon off the solution you wont be including any solid particles in your boiling flask and you wont have to worry about isomerizeiton issues. The t5 and the soil will be left at the bottom of the flask and can be filtered separately, no media left to cause isomerization.

1 Like

Sure.
However, it’s not a huge stretch from “earth” to “dirt” :wink:

3 Likes

I did not realize t-5 could behave like that, honestly I just looked up “flocculant” and saw some interesting chemicals and was like nope, however your advice is always solid and so I should of taken it more seriously

1 Like

Ive tried to make a big deal about flocculants so more people understand the phenomenon. Very useful for people who dont have expensive filtration contraptions.

3 Likes

Hey! We’re all dirt here :wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely! It’s all about done filtering… realll slow

But check this out. Decided to add a little something something in the column

Top to bottom
Carbon
T5
Left is after right is before

2 Likes

Crazy improvement on the color without the use of silica gel, good job!

Wait, did I read that wrong or didnu say the left is the result of those powders?

1 Like

Can’t for some reason edit

But apparently I don’t know my left from rights and got it mixed up the the right one is after filtration and the left is before

@ScoobyDoobie
Yeah! Considering it was the slightest layer maybe 1/4in at most in my 6in column and filtered maybe 10 gallons

Wish I did all of it like this… :confused:

1 Like

I thought etoh wasn’t a good solvent for color work so I didn’t bother to add silica? Am I wrong?

Silica gel wont do you much as far as color remediation when your solvent of choice is ethanol. The real benefits come from using an alkane in conjunction with the silica gel.

No you are not wrong. :grinning:

I wonder if the coextraction of humic substances from the soil will cause any reactions with the cannabinoids.