Did I get sold d8 live resin?

So long story short, I think I got sold d8. I’ve been winterizing and decarbing shatter for carts for years. This batch of oil has behaved differently then any oil ive had before, and I’ve had some sugary shatter before.

When I first smoked it, it was full of flavor, it got me high, but different. I was kinda high, I just figured it was super weak live resin with way too many terps. Would take several dabs, for sure has an effect, just different.

Starting material

I placed the oil in a decarb vessel. Pulled a vacuum, sealed it off, decarbed on hot plate @ 140c for 3 hours. Still sealed, let the vessel come to room temp, placed in freezer overnight. In the morning, released vacuum. Oil was in a liquid state. Let come to room temp thin and runny. Loaded a cart and through the day the oil recrystallized in the cart and vessel.

So I ran the oil again, this time at 160’c for 3 hours, the oil recrystallized. Ran it again at 180c for 3 hours, same thing. Then I ran it at 200-210 for 3 hours. The oil got thicker as terps degraded, less recrystallized but still was chunky. I thought maybe the oil in the vessel was too deep, wasn’t getting an even decarb. It’s weird because it would come out of the refrigerator, release the vacuum pressure, and the oil would be quite thin, almost too thin. I figured it had way too many terps making it very thin and causing any thca to recrystallize, I would smoke away the terps in a cart and he left with crystallized thca.

This was at room temp, 70f, runny like hot maple syrup, clear but within hours got chunky again.

The high was still very weak, weed light, and even smoking non stop just never got a “real” high, but a weird buzz all day.

So I decided fuck it, I’m gonna winterize, strip all the terps and decarb the fucking hell out of it. Got the vacuum chamber, lined the bottom in ptfe. Set up a cold trap. Ran the chamber at 220c for 4 hours running the vacuum pump constantly, the side of the chamber measured 160c for 3 hours so I know the oil temp was very high. The chamber allowed for much more surface contact, spread the oil very thin.Terps poured out, crazy amount of terpens. The oil was completely non reactive after 4 hours. Let the oil sit overnight at 70f room temp. Oil this morning looked good, much thicker. Loaded a cart, took some hits. Terrible spicy bitter taste, super weird high. As it sits, the cart is still recrystallizing as is the rest of the batch.

At this point I’m at a loss. I don’t know what to do, the oil sucks and the high is wack. The effects come on strong now and it’s fucking weird. I’ve never had d8, but this doesn’t feel like d9. It definitely pings those cannabanoid receptors but differently. I’ve been thinking about getting it tested at kc labs, but I have hangry customers begging for carts and I don’t feel safe selling this stuff

Please guys, need some guidance here. Plan on shipping a sample Monday, I just hate to toss another $150 down the drain for mass spec testing in case it is d8 :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

What makes you think d8 rather than Cbd

16 Likes

It does have a psychoactive effect, like weed light, you keep hitting it thinking it’s just a weak oil and you just need more. But now that I’ve refined most of the terps out and it’s thicker, the high is super weird, sharp and noticeably. For sure psychoactive high, just weird and different

I’ve had legit cbd dabs from Asheville extracts, I know cbd feeling and this is way different

1 Like

This is the only thing d8 is good for. Jugging custies and pulling licks.

8 Likes

I think they sold you cbd live resin, and you partially isomerized it.

14 Likes

I have mfg 1:1 ratio nug runs and have had this same material feel. Do you think you may have gotten that with minors galore D8, D9 and other fun stuff?

3 Likes

It may be 50% CBD (which explains the sugaring) D8 for the buzz and some terps.

15 Likes

The recrys is the dead giveaway

12 Likes

1000% has cbd or cbg in there if it’s crystalizing after your decarb.

25 Likes

It’s not 150 down the drain if you find out what it is, knowing is half the battle

5 Likes

This is why big diamonds are better. But that’s corny I forgot

2 Likes

Only way to know for sure is lab test

But take a small amount and really heat it up in small glass vessel. Wait for all the bubbles to stop. Then if it does it its cbd but is it possible its crc and u didn’t get to temp inside ur chamber

Just spitballing

4 Likes

I did take one of the wolkentek carts with where it had recrystallized and was stuck, flipped it upside down, atomizer at the top, hit it lightly with a torch until it melted and stopped bubbling. Smoke vapor came out of the atomizer, I assume the terps and c02 that were vaporizing in the cart. That cart never recrystallized, but it did turn a funky shade and tasted like ass

I figured if it was still recrystallizing after 220c it wasn’t thc based on charts I saw

2 Likes

If you wanna mail me a sample I’ll test it for you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

this is why you buy drugs from people you trust and can return them too… just saying… it dont take loosies to know the difference in the way THC and CBD smokes… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

12 Likes

Big diamonds show that it’s not cut simple as that. Plenty of losers on here that would build your trust up like a con man and let you swap it out if u figured it out and blame it on their guy and tell u they had no idea

“Shit famalam I had no idea. I got u fam”

Killas just mad bc loosies go for 1000 an oz lol

4 Likes

maybe in california… but not here…

Once again… this all falls back on… i dont buy drugs from someone i cant return it too. I also dont buy drugs off anyone i wouldnt invite over to my moms house for thanksgiving or christmas…

loose stones like that go for $20 a gram here… for less than $1000 a oz… :joy: :rofl: :joy:

6 Likes

Where can I even have this tested? Kc labs requests company info, federal and state registration numbers…

1 Like