DES: Deep eutectic Solvents (new)

There’s at least a two year gap on old and new data.

Anyone wanna discuss?
I’ll drop some data files - ones on data dump are not what most are looking for.
Menthol :: formic acid 1:1 ratio
—- allegedly better than etoh for yields

Haven’t seen follow ups / cleanup protocols and through puts
With what’s going on in the solvent games and equipment this would Be hilarious as a major disruptor

Safer, better etc
Worth some bullshit time and popcorn

2 Likes

@Ruwan is good at this.

What’s the idea with the formic acid? Is it dilute at all or pure acid?

Methanol or menthol??

1 Like

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325064213_Menthol-based_hydrophobic_deep_eutectic_solvents_Towards_greener_and_efficient_extraction_of_phytocannabinoids

Google DES and read the wiki on it, it’s a trip.

1 Like

Acetic acid on that Prague sample showed best yields results not the formic

DES info

Here’s another sample:
https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/articles/where-the-grass-is-greener-novel-solvents-for-the-environmentally-friendly-extraction-of-306131

1 Like

Pretty interesting.
I’d be curious what the saturation point is. Really not sure how it’s gonna work with the phase changes or terpenes or energy requirements.

Interesting regardless. Wonder how it would work in an LLE scenario

Exactly. Maybe I’ll email the Prague scientists…

1 Like
1 Like

Pretty curious how it reacts with undesirables. I’d assume probably high wax content, low Chlorophyll with the polarity. The DESs have a super low vapor pressure apparently.

1 Like

Interesting… using 1,4BD as a solvent… I wonder how GBL would perform

2 Likes

hello so yes they are talking about extraction but for analytics (hplc sample prep in this case) please do not do this for production :slight_smile:

That could be a fun one!

Sure, but why?

I gathered that when they talked about the application for law enforcement etc
Also they explain why they used raw plant form.

The separation is already covered and residual solvents seem to be a problem that DESs May do better.

Is decomposition or something an issue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13e3HWZcOp4nrM3pi9OB2rySMvw8LS3Po/view?usp=drivesdk

Enjoy

This is a paper where they used DES for extraction and all the cannabinoids turned into their esters because of the DES

4 Likes

The yields were incredibly low quality with these DESs.
I must have missed a section on esters because I didn’t read that anywhere?? Adding an Ester for what and how? Changing the melting point of the cbd? Or this was by accident?

Again, the one that looked promising was menthol.
Using resin to concentrate is also interesting particularly if you have decarbed cbd to start with.
Acetate breaks down in thirty minutes unless you bond sugars but anyways…

Was this a “hey this is a wasted street to go down?”

And why isn’t anyone making the hydrolized T - I heard that doesn’t show on urine tests…could Be sponsored by UPS man

Driving high on hydrolized
Hhc

Even though DES is considered green chemistry, it’s would be very costly to do these processes on any sort of industrial scale. I would consider this ‘vanishing chemistry’ because the green in your wallet would vanish very quickly.

And holy shit I don’t want to imagine how powerful 5+ gallons of menthol would be hitting your sniffers.
:mask:—> :sneezing_face:—> :sob: —> :drooling_face:/:woozy_face:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
That’s the best point yet.
Hahaha, well no congestion that’s for sure.

1 Like

:joy::joy: yeah no kidding

1 Like