Dennis Parker (@Beaker) Award Poll Closed! Congrats @cyclopath

O man you serious :bangbang:
You better be :grinning:
Best of luck you deserve standing in that list :fist_left:

2 Likes

Yeah bro my bday is right before that on the 10th.

9 Likes

you’ve certainly raised a lot of peoples games!

10 Likes

My vote is all of the above?

6 Likes

you really dont have a bad pick out of the ones up there

4 Likes

I love how many have voted.

1 Like

So weird how you can miss a dude you never met this much. Just watching his videos and reading his comments every now and then lifts my spirits. Such a genuinely nice guy. I’m sure he had half the neighborhood beating down his virtual door for knowledge. This is a dope tribute award and I think it’s a great idea. Don’t think I’ve been around here long enough to be a true voter, but I voted for whom I believe to be the most influential as of late.

12 Likes

All heroes

2 Likes

In my mind there is no such thing as a true voter. If you feel you’ve been helped in any way or just want to vote you’re a true voter. So don’t let that discourage any voting, please.

6 Likes

@Waxplug1 100 billion percent

6 Likes

Won t surprise me if we get close call s
Crc is fresh and ground breaking so
The crc Hero s are in vivid memory
@anon42519203 has the disatvantage that distillates are in the shadows at the moment but his work to us is massive
@Photon_noir treuth he is a living legend his patience in writing and trying to make us understand is gold
@Otscc realy showed us the way to Diamonds
I can keep on ramblimg

YUST VOTE

7 Likes

Not disadvantaged at all… i actually cant keep up with demand. I magsil all my material though. Crc is too slow and inconsistent for me. Able to do 120L of material an hour through magsil if i wanted but can only distill so much at a time so i dirty all my columns then clean them all at once

4 Likes

Oh i realized what this post was. Ya my tech was not recent. Regardless of what i do show constantly. Cant wait to start showing off wiper vids as well. :scream: did i just let that out. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink:

7 Likes

O Yes Magsil , or florisil and distillates are a perfect match
Don t over do it for oxidation comes faster but great combo

2 Likes

Voting is pretty difficult honestly, i fee like all this info has been invaluable

4 Likes

Its all about pH

2 Likes

You know I had to give my vote to @Dred_pirate he took off with releasing the crc to the masses. And looks like he has no intention of slowing down. Finally got equipment approved. Once we get it set up you need to come check it out and let’s set up some diamond and crc classes.

9 Likes

I want to come up there and hang out anyway. I need to.

And thank you, man. Open source is where it’s at and helping everyone level up together

16 Likes

I’m actually going to be up in the pnw that weekend. I can easily get to Portland for this.

I voted for @otscc.

Even though I don’t use that method for crystallization, that’s the thread that got my attention to show up because @Future kept posting about it.

10 Likes

Man…

I still haven’t voted, and I keep trying to take this very seriously, but just can’t reach a decision. I’ve got in narrowed down though.

I still feel like we might be better served to do a pre-2018 set of awards for those we can all agree are deserving, and then the vote would be narrowed down to the open sourcing pioneers of 2019.

I ultimately voted under this pretense. I think the list is full of very deserving people, but since the award is for 2019 I’m trying to keep my decision to things that happened this last year.

7 Likes