Delta 9 into Delta 8

distillation

Youll also have a ph issue using c bleach, the degumming clay or citric acid for degumming

1 Like

Hey, diden’t say you were cray cray! There may be other factors afoot. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

i was referring to my coworkers lol

we use the glass packs from LS, little glass cylinders. running a LS 12L unit

Hi AnonymousD, did you figure out what was the cause of the dark emerald green distillate? Ive never heard of that. I dont think it was carbon or an absorbant because even when I used cbeach in my rbf it never came close to bumping over even when I ramped up the stirbar and the end of the distillation. It sounds like some pH reaction but usually you see pinks, purples, or reds not greens. I dont think its azulene considering it sounds like its not a pigment. Do you remember if the emerald color came over in one fraction or was all the distillate the same color? Have you seen @BreakingDabs method of bump trap azulene removal? It it turns out to be a pigment or azulene after all that is a great way to clean up your distillate and get a loose boiling point of the impurity.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I dont know why I didn’t find this before but I stumbled upon a method to convert delta 9 to delta 8 from @BR-Instrument (link: https://brinstrument.com/blog/cannabis-distillation/how-to-convert-thc-delta-9-to-thc-delta-8/) Does BR or anyone else have a supplier of acidic alumina silicate they could recommended? I would like to try this out and compare the results to Cbleach.

2 Likes

^ @BR-Instrument?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Id be willing to bet the green comes from not fully burping your azulene fraction and pushing in to your thc fraction

3 Likes

@FranzVon @coppertop

I did not write that and I’m not super familiar with scrubs or adsorbents. I don’t think aluminum silicate is
used, but rather activated alumina. I could be wrong though.

We recommend Carbon Chemistry @Shadownaught . We send some Carbon Chemistry sample products to some of our more experienced users who want to try pre-processing techniques. If anyone is a more advanced processor and owns a B/R feel free to reach out. I think we have one more sample box! I have to say all of the feedback we have gotten has been positive and people go and buy more.

1 Like

Aluminum silicate is a fancy way to say “clay”.

Our T41 clay is ideal for that isomerization when used excessively in a hot distillation (or extra reflux). T41 is widely available from folks like @Killa12345 and vendors across the country. You can visit www.carbon-chemistry.com for SDSs and some SOPs.

@BR-Instrument

2 Likes

link to paper with spectral data (extinction coefficents etc) on a number of cannabinoids.

1 Like