Delta-8

I’ll throw in my wooden nickels worth, (you can maybe get two cents for it) as one that may or may not be having symptoms of chs, d8 is specially interesting to me because it 90% dulls an ‘episode’. As an anti emetic. For me. Results may vary, studies under way. :raising_hand_man::man_shrugging: purely anecdotal.

7 Likes

I’ll take anecdotal. Looking forward to it

2 Likes

You came in and had a snarky response and you’re salty people gave you some snark back?

Jesus, you have thin skin.

Edit: on topic though, for a seasoned thc user, how much d8 does it take to have an effect when your taking edibles? Would you guys smoke any of this stuff, now that people are putting put better products out it seems?

I haven’t ever tried it, but am always curious about stuff, even weed lite.

1 Like

I’d probably eat some, I seen too much anecdotal evidence of respiratory problems from inhaling it. I’ve had a couple people message me on Reddit saying they had transient ischemic attacks with zero medical history and only using d8

3 Likes

Yeah, dunno if I’d eat some gas station gummies, but I’d try some more reputable ones. Not sure on smoking it tho.

3 Likes

Yeah, all I have gathered from this thread is fuck sea world (which I already would have said)

So again…FUCK SEA WORLD

7 Likes

D8 gave them a stroke? Thats the first I’ve heard of that. You sure they didn’t just get real stoned and kinda freak out ?

4 Likes

Smoking is a well known risk factor for TIAs and strokes. This is likely true even for cannabis alone, although individuals tend to consume less cannabis than tobacco overall:

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1161/strokeaha.113.001562

Future research should attempt to determine whether
there is an association between cannabis and stroke that is inde-
pendent of tobacco use. This may prove difficult given the risks
of bias and ethical strictures of studying an illegal substance.
However, the high prevalence of cannabis use in this cohort of
younger stroke patients makes this research imperative.

There is also evidence that cannabis increases the likelihood of acute heart attacks:

Consumption of marijuana has been identified as a trigger for acute myocardial infarction (MI). Risk of onset is increased 4.8 times over baseline in the 60 minutes after drug use, confirming the temporal relationship between cannabis and vascular events

We’d really need a controlled study to determine anything that isn’t purely speculative when it comes to delta 8. Many if not all of the negative effects seems to overlap somewhat with delta 9 THC. Just playing devil’s advocate here.

6 Likes

Not that it matters because it’s purely anecdotal, but I’ve consumed ENORMOUS amounts of D8 with little to no negative effects. There’s the laziness/sleepiness that it causes, but aside from that I’ve not experienced anything else. And like I’ve consumed literally grams and grams trying to find my top end, and never once got “trashed”. Or had any negative things really happen.

Key difference though, consumed… It’s entirely possible that the cart that they were smoking off of had all kinds of bad shit wrong with it. Residual solvents, you name it. I mean, we have people coming here with the impression that distillation isn’t a necessary step. They’re coming HERE with this knowledge, NOT learning it here. Which can imply that things are definitely fucked up in more than 1 “facility”.

I think I would attribute this to anything other than the D8. We don’t even know exactly what he was smoking on, or other attributing factors. (Granted, I haven’t read the article and will do so now.)

3 Likes

For my part, despite having been a big promoter of investigating d8 health risks further, i myself have smoked many carts worth without ill effects. And those were all made with clay conversions, I would think all these newer conversions should be cleaner.

4 Likes

ELF was pretty big around Oregon until ole Jake the snake ratted out all his “friends” after he got busted.

3 Likes

ImpishUnimportantKodiakbear-size_restricted

3 Likes

ay yall think the shit my homie makes wit vitamin c is prolly good?

They said they went to a doctor. It’s the only noteworthy thing that wasn’t respiratory/typical thc stuff

2 Likes

Delta-8 thats poop soup(which is a very very large portion of D8 on the market) is poisonous with long term consistent use

Change my mind

Obviously doing a bit of a meme, I don’t solely believe all D8 is bad, if given time we could maybe and I say that lightly, could get D8 to a pure clean form with long term research, but thats never gonna happen due to the market and stigma. Its too late now

1 Like

i thought i was being playful u cant go on some random rant and not expect a little playful push back

1 Like

Italics help people see when you’re joking.

2 Likes

will remeber that for next time thanks

2 Likes

People who sell sprayed Weeditos and Weetos’s(fritos)

1 Like