Delta-8

Imo legal states drive black market sales.

The reason D8 is starting to hurt D9 sales is mostly due to the black market, people selling D8 as D9 as most custys cannot tell the difference nor care tbh.

ā€œThe market has to be regulatedā€ ā€¦ you may want to qualify what you mean by regulated. If youā€™re asking for government to save you, youā€™re in for a helluva surprise.

5 Likes

My take on D8 vs D9.

People want to get high on weed (D9)ā€¦ but there is all this CBD around and cheaply grown (large supply), but CBD does not get you high (not much demand)ā€¦ so people are converting that BS to D8 (large demand). So that seems like the normal ā€œsupply meeting a demandā€ economics right?

But consider this, it takes more energy/money/work to grow CBD and convert it to D8 than it would to just grow the D9 weed to meet that same demand. So why are the inefficiencies and risk of this synthetic work around acceptable and profitable in the current economy? Because D9 is illegal, nationally and internationally. Therefor the entire D8 market is propped up by illegal D9, and for many of the same reasons- so is the CBD/hemp market.

I can think of a few other markets with similar influence, but the hemp/D8 market is the most perverted from reality I can see. How many markets can you think of that are propped up by targeted prohibition? Housing? Insurance? Pharma?.. all the profitable ones.

5 Likes

No it doesnā€™t. Good cannabis flower is perishable and will always be in demand. D8 sprayed flower is an attempt to fill a black market void. Itā€™s a way to make a quick buck where customers have little recourse.

I would highly discourage you from pursuing sprayed D8 flower, but if you must, the search bar is at the top of every page.

5 Likes

I believe youā€™re 100% about the 1 market upholding the other. However, I do believe D8 has a place, and I believe it will continue on even after federal legalization. Iā€™d still use it the way Iā€™m currently using it (edibles for chronic pain). The popularity of it is of course because of itā€™s sudo-legality, but had the loop hole not been there Iā€™m not sure I would have been able to experience the benefits of D8.
Regardless, we are where we areā€¦

2 Likes

On the topic of sprayed flower ā€¦ Thereā€™s d8 sprayed everything out there. Loads of shops have sprayed Cheetos, Doritos, etc. Is that not as frowned upon because itā€™s a different delivery method and less likely to mess with someoneā€™s health?

1 Like

Hemp Choice Distribution / Pegasus are the only legit ones. Ask KCA

3 Likes

There is still unknown isomers, byproducts or potentially unremediated acid in edibles. Some people think it is less harmful eating it versus inhaling it. D8 is just recently getting itā€™s act together as far as cleanliness.

I guess itā€™s up to you if/how you want to put it in your body.

3 Likes

Fuck seaworld.

Fucking torture pit we all let go for years.

Thatā€™s all, sorry to rant people.

2 Likes

agreed!

Let them eat PET!

5 Likes

Right on, I suppose there is a niche market for it in the ā€œlow psychoactive, medinical edibleā€ department. I hear it is better for nausea issues than D9 and a bit less edgy psychoactivity. I was actually hoping it would have less paranoia and be good for a ā€œbuisnessmanā€™s highā€ but the risks outweigh me indulging. What about the red eyes though, less than with D9?

1 Like

Itā€™s like a damn peta convention in hereā€¦

I donā€™t notice much of a high. D8 actually makes me drowsy, the more of it I consume. In direct opposite affect than D9 gives, which is energy for me usually. I donā€™t notice red eye from either really. Iā€™ve used D8 as an adjunct for getting older vets off of opiates when they personally hated being stoned, but weā€™re fine with D8.
Each body is different, so you just have to experiment. I donā€™t recommend smoking it unless you know exactly where it came from. But thatā€™s a personal rule

1 Like

:eyes:

If you donā€™t see a problem w sea world you got issues

10 Likes

Bro, my parents donated to earth first before they were labeled a terrorist organization.

I wore my earth first shirt I bought with my allowance when I was a kid until it was tatters.

So yeah, Iā€™m for the environment and animals.

Gotta problem with that?

Earth First! - Wikipedia!

Just in case youā€™re too young.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see any issues with sea world besides the killer whales and they are retiring the whale breeding program also sea world donates millions to help injured animal I mean if all you social justice warriors cared 1 10th about people as you do animals the world wouldnā€™t be such a shit show I mean there is literally genocides taking place as we speak yet you waste your time with some non issue so you can feel good about yourselves while the world Suffers

Iā€™m not on a street corner proselytizing about SeaWorld, but Iā€™m not kissing their ass eitherā€¦

And just because, as any rational adult would agree, SeaWorld sucks and im acknowledging it DOES NOT mean im not concerned with much more human problems facing the world.

Sounds like you just showed up to bitch at some hippies.

Also, fuck outta here

6 Likes

Iā€™m bitching? Just because I disagree with you? Thatā€™s convenient. Oh I guess Iā€™m just supposed to keep my opinion to my self? And ya itā€™s kinda annoying seeing people so worked up over a non issue when the world is literally burning

Yes, youā€™re bitching.

Sorry folks for my irrelevant comments on the post iā€™ll make this the last one.

3 Likes

Sorry if my response was defensive but you drew first blood if you simply asked me why I had that opinion this whole convo woulda been Cordial but u had to start attacking before I even got to explain myself nice try tho trying to spin this on me

1 Like