Delta 8 - Remediation of Unknowns

7 Likes

I fully believe I’m the benefits pure d8thc has to provide, and I fully believer in this community to allow these benefits to be consumed by all consumers!

I found out this weekend from a podcast f4200
Was founded off of pesty remediation as many know!

After the community effort witnessed on the no clean d8 thread and many others I have no doubt this community will allow for the discovery of process to befor all!!

Please by all means, let’s allow acces for clean and safe d8 to all.

3 Likes

None of these have even a close boiling point to thc

I think we’re jumping to conclusions a little bit here as to say that these are all in D8 and don’t occur naturally in the plant

We barely started tested d8 with MS, and we’ve done even fewer test on flower with MS then D8

Whos to say some of these compounds can’t get trapped in the crystal structure of cbd?

There’s alot more research to be done before you can make a claim these are being made in synthesis and aren’t in the plant

I’m willing to bet olivetol or even olivetol acid is found is low ppms in flower, does this mean we can’t smoke flower then?

2 Likes

We tested butane, ethanol, and co2 extracts. We didn’t get a hit on our most sensitive mass spectrometer all the way down to a ppb.

Really?

Edit: we tested for olivetol

4 Likes

Well dude, phthalates, phenols and dioxins certainly do not exist in conventional extractions with typical solvents.

Go look at homeboys post w the chromatograms.

He said they tested a sample yesterday with dioxin in it. IT WAS A VAPE. Dioxin will kill your ass

7 Likes

You shouldn’t assume that everyone is going through distillation. Appalachian hemp wooks just send it

7 Likes

Which terpenes? In the interest of advancing the subject :slight_smile:

Edit: is it menthadienol? Source: WO2019046806A1 - Synthetic cannabidiol compositions and methods of making the same - Google Patents

1 Like

One of many : (+)-p-Mentha-2,8-dien-1-ol will make you CBD which is ideal. You can use others to make others.

If this one is too costly (it’s not) but you could always use others and look at the mass spec. Then figure out how you are throwing it out.

7 Likes

I imagine it’s going to come down to ease of access.

I appreciate the insight, it hadn’t occurred to me to try and ‘mix’ reactions. Plenty of papers out there describing olivetol+something else to make CBD or otherwise.

If there’s a reasonably accessible terpene that can convert resulting olivetol during the reaction, that’d be pretty intriguing.

I think we’re all curious to how your runs this weekend go, and what kind of byproducts are there!

This is directly on topic

Just going to throw verbenol into the discussion since it seems you guys are looking at relevant SOP’s. That’ll lead you to some of the other old school reactions that I feel like iontrap is hinting at.

I’ve seen olivetol in CRC’d extracts at like 0.02% but that’s pretty much it. Accompanied by trace amounts of D8. Phenol/butyl phenol etc has been documented in cannabisheadspace studies so some definitely exists outside of conversions but the question is which ones, how much, and if it’s a contaminant to begin with. It’s possible that a lot of these things could occur under natural circumstances (natural degradation or non) but the concentration is going to be a drop in the bucket compared to what you could see as a reaction byproduct.

Pthalates are a pretty common contaminant in general but I only am familiar with them in the context of plastics leaching. Cannabis definitely produces a wide range of things that could theoretically go astray under the right conditions. 2-ethylhexanol pops into my head which I’ve seen several times. Usually the pthalates I’m familiar with are just from bad lab practices like handling plastic materials that are not apt for solvents. I’d be curious to see some more insight in the context of cannabinoid conversions since I think plasticizers are already a widely unrecognized, common contaminant in cannabis extracts.

4 Likes

So you did place the magnesium sulfate inside the reaction vessel ?
I believe it helps the rxn in alkanes not sure if it will in alchols

1 Like

According to this paper: https://twin.sci-hub.se/6545/41a8c38de0e5349d94ac49faefcff3b9/razdan1974.pdf?download=true

we have found that treatment of equimolar quantities of these materials in the presence of 1% BF3.Et20 and anhydrous magnesium sulfate in methylene chloride at 0" for 1.5 hr yielded A’-THC as the major product and practically no A’@) isomer was formed. When the reaction was carried out either in the absence of magnesium sulfate or at room tem- perature, considerable amounts of AI@)-THC(5) were formed.

So, boiling flask?

2 Likes

If you get something iontrap and/or KCA labs signs off on, count me in. As a consumer I’ll gladly pay double the current retail prices for a clean, safe product.

On the business side, if you get there, I’d love to discuss getting your product in stores nationwide in the USA. We work with some big names in the CBD and headshop space on the marketing and strategic business relationship side of things.

2 Likes

True, but if 3Chi comes back dirty/toxic that’s going to be a big eye opener. He claims they are really bad, but I have not seen proof yet.

It speaks volumes when a company clearing more than a Million a month isn’t even trying to make a clean product (imo).

Seems sus doesnt it? That leaves so many unknowns in this sample

2 Likes

They hit me up months ago to buy my product and I wouldn’t sell it to them because I felt fishy about those guys

Glad I didn’t sell them any d8, I’d be fucked rn with all this shit going on

That’s my real problem here, is some of us actually try and give a fuck and are going to be hurt by this

3 Likes

Compare ion to kca

Kca came in here wrecking the accreditation of some of the biggest testing labs in the industry

They did it with an attitude to help, not hurt

This dude wants to destroy the industry not help it improve

Wtf is that mentality?

Obviously you’re not about this life

Many of us are pioneers here, why hurt us because there’s a few bad apples?

Most ppl want to make good product here I feel like (which is why they’re here :blush:)

1 Like

But you guys say he’s in this industry. He’s trying to destroy his source of income?

I’m so confused. I thought last hour you guys said he’s making d8. I think he wants the bad players out. Some people are fearful. Some people aren’t.

8 Likes

did they include ochem lab in your curriculum?