Delta 8 in edibles - Consuming orally vs smoking/vaping

Mechoulam did a study mimicking the human stomach, he found any kind of thc converts to 11 hydroxy delta 9 thc. Idk how you could move that bond though on delta 8 or 10 like that. I have a reaction to make delta 8 to 9 but it requires and acid and base. Idk. All I know is my friend ate a half gram of delta 10 and couldn’t go to work the next day. Dude usually would eat a Korova black bar ( 2000 mg delta 9) and it wouldnt phase him. The delta 10 had him on a trip.

9 Likes

Maybe we need to start harvesting human liver enzymes to do our isomerisations :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

17 Likes

3rd report just came in
same report as the other 2 , this subject is 100lbs and hadnt smoked or ate edibles recently

Consumed full 300mg bar over a few hours

• Lesser high than usual (estimated 50% of the high as usual)
  • Different type of high not that type of like mental head warped stone more of a relaxed high clear headed no groggy feeling in the morning
  • Muchies
  • Relaxed

This is the exact test of the distillate used

4th report:

The cinnamon toast crunch was the normal 300mg d9 distillate made a few weeks ago

6 Likes

Shoutout to @Deleted for that video. Explained in a 2-minute video what takes me 15 minutes to explain to people who ask me wtf D8 is.

What I really want to know is if D8 metabolizes into the same metabolites that are tested for in standard THC urinalysis tests. Has anyone experimented with this?

I have been eating an 80% delta-8 15% CBD distillate every day for three days and it absolutely in psychoactive when administered orally.

5 Likes

link to your lab test please sir

@Rowan

Many friends and family have said that d8 is less psychoactive than d9 when eaten through edibles. However, everyone said it helped their pain/problems just the same.
No one has noticed the difference when vaporized however

2 Likes

D9 is a sativa head high, d8 is an indica body high.

I use to go to events and sell my D8, ppl would come to my booth last and hit the D8 and instantly feel it over D9. They would say it’s much more relaxing with less anxiety and no paranoia.

10 Likes

this was the first pass

second pass has not been sent in for cert analysis but my gas chromatogram reads as 80% thc, with a small peak of cbd and another smaller cbn peak

im still trying to tweak the chromatograph so that it gets good enough separation on the deltas as of right now either D9 has completely isomerized or its buried in the D8 peak

1 Like

You probably isomerized it

How big is your cbn peak? Does it give you a %?

it was 3-5% ish, still working on developing methods- I believe that it must be CBN because of how this came to be D8 in the first place… had a pot of distillate I was about to pass and had to turn the mantle and vac off as it was heating due to some stupid distraction- came back and the mantle had decided to keep heating and burned my disty pretty good, it was dark dark red- I decided to say screw it lets try to make d8 and see what happens, i had to heat and cool this whole batch so many times due to stupid mistakes and problems… not all the catalyst was mixed in when i pulled vac so the whole system blew black throughout, then i added ethanol to try to clear and clean it and the stuff was so thick it muffined up and blew past the head, then i transferred everything to a rotovap to strip the ethanol… then the d8 distillation took a longer time also due to a vac leak that kept everything around 70 microns so that may have actually helped the isomerization along due to longger residence time

it was a super painful experience but the end product is suuuper nice so im happy

6 Likes

5th report just came back saying the same as the last 4. You get high but the high is different, less intense, not psychoactive. Relaxed, tired, hungry

@rowan what amount (mg) are you consuming

all of my tests have been 150-300mg of that distillate linked above 60% d8/15%cbc

double the dose.

1 Like

I dont understand the difference between “high” and psychoactive.

I honestly havent been measuring very accurately I’ve just been nibbling smaller and smaller amounts, the first day was a “got some on my finger so might as well do the thing” and I was absolutely high from it.

Unless i’ve accidentally found the holy grail of cbd>D9… it is my opinion that D8 is very much a psychoactive compound, maybe a bit less intense dosage wise but hey… just take more right?

Well d8 and d9 thc go for the same price so if one is 30% less effective when consumed orally than it is a pretty huge deal to me as an edible maker. No one is going to pay me more because I had to use 30% more.

There is not much info on this so I am making it my duty to provide that info for future edible makers searching on google. With the conclusion thus far that is a weaker, different high than d9 even when consumed orally.

1 Like

charge 30% more its a rare pokemon.

7 Likes

From what I’ve seen around, some people definitely prefer D8, find it more medicinal, less potential side effects of d9 like anxiety, paranoia, etc.

6 Likes

So we made some delta 8 gummies. I doesed them at 50mg each as the potency is typically 50% that of d9 and i must say the gummies were amazing. Super sediative but with a really clear mind. They definitely were effective.

10 Likes