Hot Condenser Tek help

I know you have. Grown in knowlidge
And Yes i understand the wishing for perfection
But it really is not that hard
I think that potency after 92% is where it becomes an art but
Other than that it s yust a bunch of rules you need to play by

4 Likes

mut honestly have read a 1000 hours on everything from sourching gear to understand shit inhere, i really just want to run now lol

I have some guys that are looking in to importing from usa they are quite well set up in my country and also in spain selling retail and going around laws, so hope they can get worked around it and i will have unlimited crude for no price, selling for big bucks when d8 or medicinal cbd products. Im so ready to pump out liters with knowlegde nobody else in my country have i know that for fact

2 Likes

That is a little not treu a fellow country man not a resident at this time is way a head of us @kew :grinning:

1 Like

Itll work on small systems. Its alot harder to do the dry condenser style because you dont have alot of material flowing to heat it up. But the temps on a heater circulator should still apply.

3 Likes

ye but in my country im sure its only shit with chinese complete setup with the blue water vac pumps that people does here only know of 2 possible 3 that has

You will be fine :+1:

1 Like

Whats amy oil?

Thanks @anon42519203 ya i have julabo fp40 mv chiller so im well setup equipment wise, two pumps 11cfm and edwards 28, so the little 500ml will have vac

2 Likes

Sorry any oil
I often ecourage begginers to distill oil any oil yust for a visual understanding of the process
And our friend here is in a country where mistakes are veryyy expensive

2 Likes

thats a good idea to fraction of a oil rogue, maybe have to think about that

250-350ml is still shit expensive if not cbd and im running thc for my first.
best i can get now is 34% CBD un processed crude for 600$ 100ml - but selling for 60-89$ pr gram in distillate

1 Like

Pfff what price could you get for 80% distillate cbd if the numbers work go 4 it
Cbd is. Harder than thc i find so will be a good learning thing

1 Like

yes not able to find any of thats prices in europe tho, cant remember what prices i were quoted and have to be legal.

if the guys that are legal can get a pipline from usa im gold, can properly sell alot of d8 but only know effects from people here, havnt tried it but sound to be a more couchlock high

1 Like

Hmmm most d8 Users i know use it. During working hours and state a smooth high not couch lock

1 Like

was from this thread i think Delta 8 in edibles - Consuming orally vs smoking/vaping - #18 by anon56994712

1 Like

it is not a couch lock high, its a mild euphoric dreamy munchy high

3 Likes

Just reading through thread…

Sendt you a dm broski :grin:
Welcome

1 Like

As annoying as having trolls argue the professionals and throwing off this thread, its actually quite helpful for those newer to the community. I have a science background, but there are so many variables and questions that come into mind when running spd. Having someone challenge/question experienced technicians, forcing them to justify their theories with a truckload of data, answered numerous questions of mine.

Having hard scientific data to explain distillation theories are great, but hands-on experience is really the only hard data you will find in this industry. Youre not learning this stuff in Uni and so the most reliable source of education is coming from the OGs. Experience trumps anything on paper. Big thanks to the numerous educators on here.

3 Likes

I am using a Summit SPD-8 head, large bore with a coil in the head and a hollow key for vapor temp, a liebig condenser before the collection flask, and a dimroth condenser after the collection flask, before my cold trap. This has a laminar flow 90 degree elbow before it hits the pumps.

I’ve been running my head condenser at 100c, liebig at 155c for heads, dropping to 140c once on mains, and dimroth at 120c to rocket vapors into the CT or out of the pump, I drop it to 55c right before I hit mains.

I’ve seen an increase in the of quality (color) of distillate produced using this method, however I am still working out the kinks. Works awesome for 2nd pass and I am not getting any blow over. I think I’ll need a second cold trap for first pass due to the amount of heads in my crude-it is not cleaned as well as I would like to, no washes or chromatography.

I am looking for some advice on what others have the condenser temps set to.

Is anyone else trying to run first pass in the large bore laminar flow systems?

Can you explain what you mean by “a sharp pressure drop that pushes back on your head and slows/stops distillation”? This seems counter intuitive to me, albeit valuable advice. Thanks!