Delta 8 distillate turns cloudy

Anyone ever experience clear delta 8 turning cloudy overnight? Earlier batches from same material turned out fine. No change to the SOP or acid. Any insights would be appreciatated.

Cloudy Distillate #2 Cloudy Sample

CRC media contamination?

Or maybe you didn’t get the newest “crystal resistant” D8 SOP?

5 Likes

We determined it was fats/lipids. We redissolved in methanol, filtered and redistilled to remedy this happening.

10 Likes

Could it be wax?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s pretty much what I’m saying.

2 Likes

I came here to say the same thing. Winterize it with methanol, filter those fats out and redistill.

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback . Appreciate the replies

2 Likes

Not winterized. I saw the same thing. Dilute it back down in methanol or whatever solvent you winterize in and filter.

3 Likes

So fatty isolate as input?!?

5 Likes

Theres been shitty isolate going around. I’ve even heard it’s being cut with something but dont know if that’s true or just a rumor. I’ve seen it first hand; the amount of lipids I ended up pulling out is like 10% it’s kinda crazy

8 Likes

Sounds like a they are going from non polar extract straight to isolate.

1 Like

No decarb?

Or maybe before extraction

Cascade makes those biomass decarb bags for their ovens

I mean if I was making cbd I’d buy last years flower

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me yesterday/today. Same everything, but cloudy after it sits over night.

I was wondering if some very fine zeolites from my heptane drying phase got into the heptane and was causing this behavior. I think fatty isolate could be the culprit. Definitely need to talk to our the seller we bought this isolate from.

I will try winterizing/filtering/re-distilling.

1 Like

Before you (or anyone for that matter) gets iso from someone, ask for a sample to float in methanol.

5 Likes

Its wax. Thats why it goes clear when its hot. If it was media it wouldnt do this @90F

5 Likes

Been trying to get everyone to do this. There is cut isolate being traded amongst brokers that’s 30% cut

4 Likes

great feedback.

So when it floats in MEOH, is that good or bad? What would I be looking for? Dissolution of cannabinoids, and failure of wax to dissolve?

it should be clear. The methanol causes the fats to coagulate and make the solution cloudy.

1 Like

Dope. I’ve only ever winterized with ETOH, but if that’s the case with MEOH I should definitely start winterizing with that instead.

I’m having the same waxiness showing up in my D8 rxn during distillation. Never seen something like this in my life. Straight looks like candle wax.

Bunk batch of isolate? My vendor is usually solid.