Delta 8 distillate turns cloudy

Methanol at room temp will do what ethanol does at -40 and lower. take some of your vendors isolate and test it with meoh.

3 Likes

Trustingly :roll_eyes: I just threw it all in the rxn flask. Didnā€™t even think about it because the vendor was solid last time. Wishing I had some extra now. Thereā€™s no way I screwed up the D8 rxn that badly. I did what I always do. This is gross. Looks like pure wax. Itā€™s not even an overnight thing. Itā€™s an ā€œright in Front of my eyesā€ thing!

Pull samples from multiple parts of the batch, throw clumps in as well as powder. Mix well and see what doesnā€™t dissolve & watch for color changes.

Iā€™ve found cut, plastic & metal shavings from equipment, and something that coagulated like a red gummy bear :bear::skull:

1 Like

Is that a 3 way cow? That milky white can also be water. Iā€™ve pulled shit that looks like snot

1 Like

It is a 3 way.

Iā€™ve run it before, same setup, no problems. Iā€™ve seen haziness before from water, but thisā€¦ This is stacking like actual candle wax. :face_vomiting:

If thatā€™s happening during distillation something is seriously wrong. You might have been sold isolated that is cut with some real nasty shit. The industry is full of fucking assholes trying to make a buck by ripping people off. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m leaving the game, cause fuck this shit.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a shitshow. Itā€™s full of nasty people.

I tried to leave in 2018. Iā€™ve got a degree and experience, and no one would have me. PM me if you wanna spit about it.

They said it was legal - turns out itā€™s still the trap game. They donā€™t call it that for nothing.

3 Likes

We had some issues with that as well. It turned out to be the isolate we had purchased to make it. The extraction wasnā€™t done properly and some of the waxes carried over in to the oil, even through the distillation process. We ended up dewaxing some that we had already made into d8. Then we just returned the rest of the unused isolate for a refund. I hope that helps

Would sunflower lecithin powder behave the same as fats? It has that same just off-white colour Iā€™ve seen in some isolates. It would be a harmless undetectable (I think) material to cut with??

2 Likes

Shady but wouldnā€™t doubt it.

1 Like

It potentially might, thatā€™s actually a good candidate for a cutting agent.

I havent come across another batch of isolate with as bad a lipid contamination as that one 10% batch, so thatā€™s good! Hopefully of someone was cutting they stopped or got caught or whatever

2 Likes

Hey buddy i hope you are still active here. But i recently opened an OLD Delta8 ounce jar and it already looks like that bright deep yellow color, not amber. But YELLOW. is this bad or what? When i bought it it was usually clear but i stopped a while back and just opened it to see what Iā€™m dealing with here. Lol