Delta 8 conversion with citric acid

Call it 7up cbd

6 Likes

it may not use any “poisonous” chemicals but it creates unknown compounds so what about those? could those unknowns be considered poisonous?

Quick Hint, a COA will not answer these questions.

6 Likes

@moveweight 7up lmao that’s pretty good actually.

@thesk8nmidget I’ll definitely try it myself first and let a bunch of others try before i sell it to cancer patients, that seems like the ultimate safety test. Do you know of any instances that the unknowns actually hurt someone? Yea i understand you cant test for them but i saw a study where d8 outperformed cbd and d9 for treating nausea so I’m definitely interested. many medicines are made by isomerizations

rso and raw cannabis has many unknowns but they’re very good for you

What do you mean by unknowns from rso and raw cannabis? Not unknown cannabinoids or chemistry conversion mysteries I would think.

1 Like

i don’t think all the compounds in rso and cannabis have been found but i could be wrong. I’m not talking about cannabinoids, just compounds in general. It’s definitely different from converted compounds but you get my point. Shouldn’t be afraid of something just because we don’t know everything about it

2 Likes

nothing to definitively say it’s harmful, but the video I saw suggesting caustic tissue damage in EVALI patients and the number of posts about lungs hurting on reddit aren’t promising IMO

3 Likes

are those side effects from d8 made with ptsa? i know what you’re talking about, it made my lungs feel weird when i dabbed some water clear d8

hard to say, it’s just anecdotal. I don’t have any firsthand experience

1 Like

fair enough

If you are trully helping cancer patients then take your crude feed stock and just make thc d9. D8 isn’t as effective as d9. And if the conversion is done right then during Distillation the compounds all come out separately. The remainder citric acid won’t bounce out with the thc if it’s present. However the idea is that if you use high temp refluxing to create d8, your supposed to wait for it to cool down and reintroduce solvent. Doing the balanced wash after the reflex with essentially neutralize and remove anything else that’s mostly unwanted. Then a Distillation will yield the purer form of the said refluxed result.

3 Likes

@silverstudent has done a lot of research on flavinoids.

3 Likes

Pretty much all the flavonoids in Cannabis are known, what isn’t is how much of each specific one is actually present, An extra 10-15 standards could cover all of them if run on a HPlC. Each one can have a specific medical benefit. Personalized medicine is totally possible. Semi synthetic if done right could be good for specific purposes, but will not come close to full spectrum, depending on the purpose.

2 Likes

Are you running any sort of testing service? Or perhaps affiliated with someone that could test some oil?

1 Like

i already made etoh crude, distillate, bho, rosin, cbd isolate, cbg isolate, and many other products which i get amazing feedback on regularly but there is always room to improve and add new compounds to my medicines.

Thanks for the explanation, i understand how to do conversions but I’m specifically asking about what kind of results people have got from citric acid conversions

2 Likes

natural full spectrum is the best medicine in general but ive found that making rso then adding live resin terps and cbd and cbg makes it a better medicine. I wish i had a strain that grew equal parts of all major cannabinoids but until then I’ll continue adding pieces that are missing.

What flavonoids have you found in cannabis and do you have any data on what conditions they can treat? I think flavonoids are the reason my decarbed rosin is such an amazing medicine but i don’t have any data to back that up. I’d definitely be down to send you some to test

@Apothecary36 thanks for the shoutout i haven’t seen any research on cannabis flavonoids yet

1 Like

Black Swan: rare Jamaican cannabis strain could treat pancreatic cancer there’s a paper here. You can partially determine which ones Anecdotally based on color and Ph.

2 Likes

That study is very interesting. What flavonoids do you know of in cannabis? Anthocyanins are what makes it purple but I’m not sure about any others. Have you tested for flavonoids?

apigenin, luteolin, quercetin, kaempferol, cannflavin A, cannflavin B (unique to cannabis), β-sitosterol, vitexin, isovitexin, kaempferol, orienti ---- there are plenty more

2 Likes

Those are some fucking business ethics, huh? Selling untested shit to cancer patients?

Except not, since many of them have very similar boiling points. For someone selling distillation equipment you’re really not well informed.

Such as…?

4 Likes

Whaaaaat??? The boiling point of citric acid is like 310c per easy google search. So you aren’t exactly supposed to distill out the citric acid, as I mentioned prior you do reflux with citric acid as desired and then after the reflux re add solvent and water wash to remove the citric so it’s not a worry or similar generated acids can be dropped out in a water wash.

And such as meaning anything water soluable that will be attracted into a water layer remanding your oil layer untouched. Where the water grabs what it wants and then removes it from say a sep funnel entirely.

Not sure wy you are asking me to hold your hand through this explaination. Seems like with all your shit talking you’d know exactly what I am talking about.

2 Likes