Delta 8 conversion with citric acid

Because this sounds a lot like you are saying all the components from a conversion can be separately by distillation.

Which even if you water washed first is untrue, I have seen no one separate d8 from d9 during distillation and i have never seen a conversion with only d8 or d9 present to some degree.

Nowhere in that post did you mention water washing to remove components first. your post was misleading and not until your reply did you clarify it further.

This isn’t meant to be an insult but if you spread misinformation expect to be corrected the same way you correct people.

9 Likes

I wasn’t implying once the conversion is done it’s only d8. I meant the unwanted general concentration of water soluable compounds that can be removed via washes.

1 Like

Great, thanks for the clarification, I’m sure you can see how not mentioning water washes at all and saying that “if the conversion is done right then during Distillation the compounds all come out separately.” could have been misleading and was implying a false possibility.

4 Likes

Separately meaning different boiling points and different vapor shelf distillations can be done. I wasnt implying just in general distillation removes everything.

people are desperate for another option rather than chemo and delta 8 is supposedto be amazing for stopping nausea from chemo. i think it would be fucked up and irresponsible to not to try any and all options as long as the patients are 100% aware of where their meds come from and how they’re made

3 Likes

Has anyone tried conversion through distillation with a really long residence time and a controlled vacuum leak, No catalyst?

2 Likes

wouldn’t that make cbn instead of d8?

2 Likes

A vacuum leak will cause at least some conversion to d8 during distillation. It may also get you some cbn.

1 Like

and you’re there to take advantage of their hardship by selling untested stuff with questionable quality control, got it!

3 Likes

Why even argue about citric acid when we know p-tsa is the best catalyst to use? Aside from the whole unknown argument, why be okay with 80% d8 when you can get 95+% with p-tsa? Lower yields is just a waste of starting material.

1 Like

Because he thinks that using a catalyst that is safe to consume equals safe to consume converted products.

He is choosing to deny and ignore that the unknowns created from citric acid could potentially be toxic.

5 Likes

But those guys have cancer and that’s basically a death sentence, so he’s off the hook!

1 Like

P-tsa is a win-win then. Better yields and less unknowns. NaCl is pretty safe and is ingested daily. But add it to water and drink a bunch of that and you can be in trouble. Not all ingestible products are safe under all circumstances. Same with vitamin E in all those vape cartridges.

Ill admit that I tried citric acid as well at the beginning since its readily available. It made horrible products.

Or cbd and grapefruit
These are the reasons I’m taking my sweet ass time with this pursuit. Isolating is important.

2 Likes

what the fuck is your problem dude I’m literally trying to help people and you’re assuming the worst and starting arguments instead of trying to help sick people
@thesk8nmidget you too, why do you think the side reactions would be toxic? if you have any evidence to prove this I’d definitely like to see it and I’d not evem consider selling it if there is anything toxic in it, that’s why I’m interested in the citric acid tek

1 Like

No, you are openly admitting to providing these cancer patients with a product that has unknown compounds in it.

You are offended because you are being called out on poor ethical choices. You actions are directly effecting this industries reputation and is only causing more harm.

Why do you think the side reactions would be safe to consume?
The point is they are unknown and you cannot say they are safe to consume.
The same way i cannot claim they are unsafe.
But what I can do that sets us apart is take that known information and decipher that i cannot without a doubt claim it is safe or unsafe to consume so i will ALWAYS lean on the safe side and choose to not offer a product i am not confident in.

You CANNOT claim this is safe therefore you should not sell it.

You are actively trying to convince us a product with 20+% of unknown components is a better choice than something with a <5% unknown content. How do you not see the issue with this?
Again a catlyst that is non toxic may VERY well create something more toxic than using a “toxic” catalyst that produces a higher TAC especially when there is 4 times the amount of unknowns.

5 Likes

not even assuming - you readily admitted it, publicly.

1 Like

I’m offended because of how ya’ll are talking to me. Yall are insulting me for no reason instead of providing evidence to explain why unknown compounds are bad. are you saying nobody should ever make d8 ever again because theres compounds in it we don’t know? i feel like we wouldn’t have any medicine if everyone took this approach

@roiplek nah dude you always start arguments on here and insult people for no reason. go chill the fuck out. I’m TRYING to figure out a safe way to make d8 and you instantly assume the worst

both of ya’ll just like starting drama go smoke a blunt and chill it’s gonna be ok lmfao :rofl::rofl: goddamn some people are just wired to be complete assholes for no reason

i said i was going to try it and let a bunch of other people try it before i ever even consider giving it to cancer patients. the only reason I’m considering giving it to cancer patients is because @Kingofthekush420 posted a study a while back showing d8 worked way better for nausea than cbd, d9, or cbn

2 Likes

no offense but you need to put your ego aside, were not insulting you directly, were standing up for whats right in this industry. but once again you missed our point and the info we have shared.

We have offered you other catalysts that would produce a higher purity d8 and would leave you with little to NO unknowns which is much safer than something with 20+% unknowns. You just refuse to accept those suggestions because you feel citric acid is safer. Our issue is you make this claim without any actual scientific reasoning to back it up.

This is our issue, you will test this product on humans and that will somehow prove to you enough that its safe to sell? Thats not how you determine if a product is safe to consume? Whats your plan for long term effects? let your friends smoke it for 5 years and then sell it? didnt think so.

2 Likes

I’m done arguing with a brick wall lets let the community decide

Whats safer to consume?
  • D8 from citric acid with >20+% unknowns
  • D8 from ptsa with <5% unknowns

0 voters

1 Like