Delta 8 conversion with citric acid

@silverstudent has done a lot of research on flavinoids.

3 Likes

Pretty much all the flavonoids in Cannabis are known, what isn’t is how much of each specific one is actually present, An extra 10-15 standards could cover all of them if run on a HPlC. Each one can have a specific medical benefit. Personalized medicine is totally possible. Semi synthetic if done right could be good for specific purposes, but will not come close to full spectrum, depending on the purpose.

2 Likes

Are you running any sort of testing service? Or perhaps affiliated with someone that could test some oil?

1 Like

i already made etoh crude, distillate, bho, rosin, cbd isolate, cbg isolate, and many other products which i get amazing feedback on regularly but there is always room to improve and add new compounds to my medicines.

Thanks for the explanation, i understand how to do conversions but I’m specifically asking about what kind of results people have got from citric acid conversions

2 Likes

natural full spectrum is the best medicine in general but ive found that making rso then adding live resin terps and cbd and cbg makes it a better medicine. I wish i had a strain that grew equal parts of all major cannabinoids but until then I’ll continue adding pieces that are missing.

What flavonoids have you found in cannabis and do you have any data on what conditions they can treat? I think flavonoids are the reason my decarbed rosin is such an amazing medicine but i don’t have any data to back that up. I’d definitely be down to send you some to test

@Apothecary36 thanks for the shoutout i haven’t seen any research on cannabis flavonoids yet

1 Like

Black Swan: rare Jamaican cannabis strain could treat pancreatic cancer there’s a paper here. You can partially determine which ones Anecdotally based on color and Ph.

2 Likes

That study is very interesting. What flavonoids do you know of in cannabis? Anthocyanins are what makes it purple but I’m not sure about any others. Have you tested for flavonoids?

apigenin, luteolin, quercetin, kaempferol, cannflavin A, cannflavin B (unique to cannabis), β-sitosterol, vitexin, isovitexin, kaempferol, orienti ---- there are plenty more

2 Likes

Those are some fucking business ethics, huh? Selling untested shit to cancer patients?

Except not, since many of them have very similar boiling points. For someone selling distillation equipment you’re really not well informed.

Such as…?

4 Likes

Whaaaaat??? The boiling point of citric acid is like 310c per easy google search. So you aren’t exactly supposed to distill out the citric acid, as I mentioned prior you do reflux with citric acid as desired and then after the reflux re add solvent and water wash to remove the citric so it’s not a worry or similar generated acids can be dropped out in a water wash.

And such as meaning anything water soluable that will be attracted into a water layer remanding your oil layer untouched. Where the water grabs what it wants and then removes it from say a sep funnel entirely.

Not sure wy you are asking me to hold your hand through this explaination. Seems like with all your shit talking you’d know exactly what I am talking about.

2 Likes

Because this sounds a lot like you are saying all the components from a conversion can be separately by distillation.

Which even if you water washed first is untrue, I have seen no one separate d8 from d9 during distillation and i have never seen a conversion with only d8 or d9 present to some degree.

Nowhere in that post did you mention water washing to remove components first. your post was misleading and not until your reply did you clarify it further.

This isn’t meant to be an insult but if you spread misinformation expect to be corrected the same way you correct people.

9 Likes

I wasn’t implying once the conversion is done it’s only d8. I meant the unwanted general concentration of water soluable compounds that can be removed via washes.

1 Like

Great, thanks for the clarification, I’m sure you can see how not mentioning water washes at all and saying that “if the conversion is done right then during Distillation the compounds all come out separately.” could have been misleading and was implying a false possibility.

4 Likes

Separately meaning different boiling points and different vapor shelf distillations can be done. I wasnt implying just in general distillation removes everything.

people are desperate for another option rather than chemo and delta 8 is supposedto be amazing for stopping nausea from chemo. i think it would be fucked up and irresponsible to not to try any and all options as long as the patients are 100% aware of where their meds come from and how they’re made

3 Likes

Has anyone tried conversion through distillation with a really long residence time and a controlled vacuum leak, No catalyst?

2 Likes

wouldn’t that make cbn instead of d8?

2 Likes

A vacuum leak will cause at least some conversion to d8 during distillation. It may also get you some cbn.

1 Like

and you’re there to take advantage of their hardship by selling untested stuff with questionable quality control, got it!

3 Likes

Why even argue about citric acid when we know p-tsa is the best catalyst to use? Aside from the whole unknown argument, why be okay with 80% d8 when you can get 95+% with p-tsa? Lower yields is just a waste of starting material.

1 Like