Delta 10 THC

einstein was not a physicist too if you look at his schooling.

ive come across many that could not read a spectra without there database to read it for them.

then ive come across dudes who write audio plugins for VST who know Fourier transform better than any physical chemist or analyst.

better than pointing out one can not do for you is to find the person who can do what you want.

at a guess with cabbage ph indicator the acid changes the electron density and possibly even the orbital shapes around the functional groups in the molecule.

this in turn makes it so some light frequencies can travel through the outer electron shell and other frequencies will reflect.

if the shells are jumping orbitals changing from s to sp ect or the actual shape of the molecule
is deforming (again which could change the electron shells) I do not know.

there is no breakage or building of bonds so in a way I guess one could say that no reaction has occurred to the molecule

I would not call my self a chemist :slight_smile:
though I am very interested.

9 Likes

The colors of anthocyanins extracted from red cabbage vary from red at low pH to blue and green at high pH (Cacace & Mazza, 2003). Color changes in this pigment are due to the presence of phenolic or conjugated substances, such as cyanidin, delphinidin, pelargonidin, peonidin and petunidin which are subjected to structural changes when there is a variation in pH (Shahid & Mohammad, 2013).
In an acidic solution, the oxonium ion results in an extended conjugation of double bonds through three rings of the aglycone moiety, which helps in the absorption of photons in the visible spectra. Addition of a base disrupts the conjugation of double bonds between the second and third rings and results in absorption of photons in the UV range rather than in the visible range. The effect of pH change on increasing the number of conjugated double bonds in the molecule lowers the energy level of the electronic transition between the ground state and the excited states, and in turn results in the absorption of photons at greater wavelength.
Source: N. Chigurupati et al. / International Journal of Pharmaceutics 241 (2002) 293–299

6 Likes

Would be better if this was a relevant conversation about d10.

Anthocyanin’s maybe deserve their own thread. I’d comment but would rather stay on topic @sidco

3 Likes

i was told delta 10 is much stronger than delta 9, is this true?

No delta 10 is less potent than delta 9 and less then delta 8

7 Likes

Here is a test result from a cbd conversion using t41 going for d9. The rxn went fine but the distillation was done over 18 hours at high temps with a vac level of 1500 mTorr. I believe a leaky distillation rig combined with high heat and extended residence time caused this.
Any ideas?

3 Likes

Other than to ask why you’re using a lab that honestly thinks that’s mostly CBC.

Your analysis seems sound, you over cooked it because:leaks.

3 Likes

For the record, I personally would never have run the distillation under those parameters. The distiller said it was normal and would be fine. I disagreed and here we are.
The lab used is fairly new and they obviously dont have a d10 reference.

2 Likes

Chatting with them about that, because my understanding is that it’s quite clear to anyone who looks at the spectral response that they’re not actually looking at CBC, would be the neighborly thing to do.

If they’re not willing to look at the problem you should hold that against them imo.

8 Likes

What temp was this distilled at?

Interesting you have no CBN but a shit ton of d10

3 Likes

I believe I saw 240C at one point when the vacuum was around 1500mTorr

the thcv value is interesting to me too, and may not be thcv
I think the “thcv” converted from d8 while the d10 converted from d9.
I believe this because this rxn routine has produced very similar ratios in d8 and d9 when distilled properly in the past.

D8 will make d10 before cbn also

Pulling 1 hydrogen makes d10

Pulling 4 makes cbn

Id guess thcv might be an isomer of d10

It could be 6a10a no guarantees though

If thats d10 you should be able to get it to crystallize

65% isn’t bad

Give it 2 weeks if should crash on its own

3 Likes

Here’s an example from last year

This started as pure Delta 8

Since there’s so much d10 in it I know I have to run the reaction longer for pure cbn

1 Like

Here’s KCA labs report on the D10 pictured in the original post

I had some analyzed by MS

5 Likes

There is an intermediate between THCs and CBN, logically two possible isomers, which could be called DHC, dihydrocannabinol.

1 Like

Yes, that doesn’t mean pulling 1 hydrogen won’t make d10

The stereo center is formed when the hydrogen is removed

1 Like

The remark was not meant to be contradicting.

Just that if you convert between thcs, you are not removing anything, just changing the double bond position. Still, the reaction to CBN needs to remove 4 hydrogens, and seems to happen stepwise, two by two, ie double bonds are formed one after the other . Depending if you start from d8 or d10, there is two possilities for the intermediate.

2 Likes

I posted this a few months ago on my IG it shows a couple of the DHCs

3 Likes

That intermediate must not be very stable. Probably converts to cbn much faster than CBD does

3 Likes