Delta 10 THC

Yea im goin through Scifinder now to see if i can find anything new

1 Like

If it’s true that D10 can crystalize, this could be huge for hemp distillate THC removal. Crystalize the CBD, convert the THC in the mother to D10, crystalize out the D10, then add mother back to isolate. The only issue I see would be converting ALL the cannabinoids in the mother to D10, not just the D9.

15 Likes

guys if you want d10, all you need to is heat the shit out your oil in reflux under deep vacuum. No catalyst needed. 250+C for 8 hours…you will be at least 70% d10.

But…if you do you will find the d10 is significantly less potent than d9 and d8. There is a reason people complain when their oil converts to d10, its becomes really really weak.

11 Likes

Do you have any papers on this or detailing why this happens? I cant find the paper/article but I remember reading that when scientists were trying to figure out the active ingredient in marijuana they first thought delta 8 or delta 10 because they were thought to be either energetically favorable or more stable compared to delta 9.

Also 250C+ for 8 hours under deep vacuum sounds like a real pain considering most distillations take place 190C-220C. Not saying it isn’t possible but for safety and time sake I think a catalyst is needed.

9 Likes

I think delta 8 will turn into delta 10 if you isomerize it enough. I posted a messed up chromatograph a while back and it was made with c bleach in the flask first and second pass i believe. I had close to 40% d10 we think ill find the link

3 Likes
3 Likes

Has anyone looked at this by GC? I have and I see 2 peaks very close to each other. d10 has the potential to form 2 diastereomers. I’ve got no evidence that the peaks are disastereomers but it might make sense. If I could see the EI-MS splitting pattern, this would help. Just in front of d9 on my method. It’s a solid. I have a sample I got from someone who isolated it, the peaks match. When you look at the material on HPLC ppl call it CBC. As of yet no one has shown me its UV-vis spectrum.

The conditions described in the 1984 paper are interesting. I don’t think anyone has a base like n-BuLi, my understanding is that the clays described are acidic. Anyway, a quick GC will save you from using it in any products.

10 Likes

I have a point of contact that can try this on distillate.

5 Likes

yea i cant find too much rn w/o credentials so ive been looking into how isomers were made using hexahydrophenanthrene and working up from there lol but some are acid/base catylyzed

2 Likes

I’m in the Bay Area, let me know. I have the sample given to me (80% by NMR I was told) I can spare a little bit. I also have oil somewhere with 30-40%.

1 Like

Try distilling under strongly alkaline conditions with hydroxide or something. The more straight forward way would be to use a super base like butyllithium, but as a professor once told me, “you can usually get a reaction to go if you just get it hot enough”

8 Likes

Still waiting for the analytical evidence demonstrating that this is in fact d10.

4 Likes

That too is a good point. This whole delta-10 = CBC on chromatograms thing seems to be totally unsubstantiated

5 Likes

If you haven’t seen it already, watch the video in the thread below.

THC Imposters

3 Likes

Is there a reference for this? Only way I know how to tell the difference in the alkenes would be a 13C DEPT experiment where secondary and quartenary carbons would be more obvious from primary and tertiary carbons.

2 Likes

This video started the whole delta 10 thing. What people fail to understand, is that d9-thc degradation to delta 10 HYPOTHESIZED at the end of the video. It is not proven, and it isn’t even a really solid hypothesis, just an educated guess by the guy in the video. Most people who aren’t formally trained scientifically seem to mistake a reasonable hypothesis for proven fact.

I have been repeating this point ad naseum on this forum, but I think it’s worth doing to get people to think critically as we continue our research and discovery about cannabinoid science as a community.

18 Likes

Right on my friend, right on.

@Kingofthekush420 the sample that @highestzen posted the NMR results for was not a product he created. Fusion Farms supplied the Delta 10 sample, and he assisted in purification process. Yes D10 has been created, yes it can be crystallized, yes the NMR tests have been performed and showed 89% Delta 10.

9 Likes

i can confirm this. when we first started seeing it on bad BR distillation runs we thought it was CBC. Careful analysis of the 200-400 spectrum and retention times show it is NOT CBC. We have not worked up the samples to purity, so I can not call it 10a, but i have done spike studies on the HPLC and spiking a sample of bad distillate with the “mystery” (probable 10a) peak give 2 peaks in the retention time window, showing that the unknown peak is NOT CBC, but something that eluets very close it on our method. A sloppy lab could easily call the peak CBC.

7 Likes

The guy behind this video is presenting next week at ACS in florida.

1 Like